Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reading that article makes me feel sick, especially the way Phoebe was treated by Sam and Luke whilst pregnant and shortly after. I truly think this could be one of the biggest stories in NRL history because it’s not just a player who’s done the wrong thing, but an entire organisation has tried to cover it up...

He's payed for his mistakes......well, not really...

"Greenberg invited Burgess into his office for a cup of tea and a chat, and let him off with a suspended fine."
" "It'd be a shame to not see Sam run out again next year," Greenberg said at Tuesday's 2020 draw launch. "He's been an ornament to the NRL."
1601591413781.png

Obviously writing is on the wall here for Sam, however it's also all on the wall for Souths themselves.

There will be discussion on deduction of points and fines towards the club, however first step is the NRL has to step in and dismiss the entire Souths board.

Last edited:
Well we copped $100k fine for allowing players to get a drunk at a club function.

I wonder what the fine would be for doctoring (excuse the pun) medical prescriptions and dodgy drug tests....even before we get to covering up DV, etc.

Didn't read the whole article as it's way to long for my ADHD brain - self diagnosed;)
Two things stand out for me.
1. The cover ups that the NRL allows powerhouse clubs to get away with is completely absurd especially when considering they went so hard after Manly for the TPA misunderstandings.
2. Sam has nothing to brag about when wearing budgie smugglers.@:D

To me a big question is did the NRL and/or Greenburg know?
If so, not only South's are threatened but the entire game.
If so, the NRL have zero credibility.
Surely whole board would come into question.

Where there's smoke there's fire...
Just think back on all the favorable decisions that went Sam's way!

Obviously writing is on the wall here for Sam, however it's also all on the wall for Souths themselves.

There will be discussion on deduction of points and fines towards the club, however first step is the NRL has to step in and dismiss the entire Souths board.
Pity we didn’t come 9th. They might be disqualified from the finals.

Peter V'Landys comments:

ARLC chairman Peter V’landys responded to the allegations on Friday morning.

“We’ll investigate them (claims), no doubt about that,’’ V’landys told 2GB on Friday.

“But I stress, all parties including the South Sydney club, Sam Burgess deserve due process and natural justice.

“Once we have all the information we’ll make the appropriate decisions. “It would be totally inappropriate for me to comment on this particular case, I don’t have sufficient facts.

“And like anyone else in the community you have to provide due process and natural justice and Sam should be afforded that.

V’landys, however, said the NRL had a “zero tolerance” for violence against women.

“But in this instance I think the appropriate action would be to investigate it, get all the facts and make a judgment after that.’’

How many more skeletons are in the closet of Greenbergs reign and his treatment of certain favourites. I hazard a guess he allowed a lot of these cover ups at the bulldogs as well, there was speculation that Ben Barber’s activities were covered up by Greenberg himself while he was there.

Burgess
Ingless
Barba
How many others?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4