Drug scandal at Kings School

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
By David Barrett and Kara Lawrence

April 05, 2008 12:00am

ONE of Sydney's most exclusive schools is in the grip of a drugs scandal after senior students were involved in supplying marijuana which made its way into the hands of Year 8 pupils.

The King's School at North Parramatta this week expelled four students and suspended seven others after a Year 10 boarding student was allegedly caught with a "bong" under his bed.

The school launched an investigation which resulted in the action against the students, from Year 8 to Year 12.

The Anglican school's headmaster, Dr Tim Hawkes, addressed the students at general school assembly on Wednesday, in which he accused some students of letting down King's good reputation.

Four students from years 10 to 12 were expelled for "dealing in the supply of marijuana", a notice posted at the school which names those involved said.

A similar posted notice also names the three Year 8 students, two Year 10 students and two students from Year 11 who have been suspended for periods of up to more than a month for using marijuana.

One senior student who did not wish to be named said the investigation was sparked after a marijuana bong was found under the bed of a Year 10 student.

The investigation which followed allegedly uncovered the fact Year 12 students had given the phone number of a drug dealer to a fellow student.

"It was a few different things. There were some people who were selling the drugs and others were buying the drugs," the student said.

Another student said the dealing was done by the senior students.

Castle Hill police said late yesterday they had not received any report of a marijuana bust at the Kings School.

Dr Hawkes was unavailable yesterday.

jeeez shock horror, Teenage boys smoking Bongs, who would have thought!

How about something worth getting up in arms about?

At least they expelled them.  If it was at the local State School the Principal would probably extort them for a cut of takings. 

Better than having a gang of thugs entering the school, smashing the windows and terrorising the students etc.

A few bits of that report are inaccurate.

Canteen Worker link said:
Better than having a gang of thugs entering the school, smashing the windows and terrorising the students etc.

Actually the teachers doing the dealing? I hear the teachers there would likely be into that  ;)

byso link said:
\"There were some people who were selling the drugs and others were buying the drugs,\" the student said.

That is how I imagine it would work, yeah.

If you could find a school in Australia where this wouldn't be going on then you've uncovered something pretty amazing.

Garts link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=177259.msg181527#msg181527 date=1207556534]

Actually the teachers doing the dealing? I hear the teachers there would likely be into that  ;)
[/quote]I dunno - I haven't been near the place for over a year - but I know the kids involved ....

Having just left high school not too long ago (5 years) I can't believe there isn't a report like this every week

I agree Nutz the amount of this crap that went on both at the private school I attended and the public school too

One of the teaches at my old school actually sat down and had a lunch time session with my GF's brother.

Year 11 sports camp we asked permission to leave the camping ground we were at to play touch footy and then return. When we came back the teachers asked, "So what did you bring back with you"? We said nothing, to which they replied "Sad bunch you are"!! We then went and got absolutely smashed and played strip poker with them...

We had some damn fine female PE teachers too

Robert Ian Drummond was my year 10 English Teacher!

I am sure you have heard about him, he was a nice bloke and funnily enough all the girls loved him. I also knew him on a level outside of school because he use to live in Harbord where we use to hang out with our friends every day and night.
I ran into him in the pub one lunch time in Year 11 was quite amusing.

Some teachers I use to have, well they were customers of other ppl I knew

The teaching game has changed a lot since those days. Camps and field trips are very different too - sadly a lot of things have been canned due to the excesses of some perverts/predators etc in the past.

clontaago link said:
Year 11 sports camp we asked permission to leave the camping ground we were at to play touch footy and then return. When we came back the teachers asked, \"So what did you bring back with you\"? We said nothing, to which they replied \"Sad bunch you are\"!! We then went and got absolutely smashed and played strip poker with them...

We had some damn fine female PE teachers too

Damn I knew I went to the wrong school. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4