dropping support for forum runner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

We will be dropoing support for forum runner in the coming weeks. Through testing I have found tjay it has been the cause of some performance issues.

I am evaluating tapatalk also and we may need to also drop support for that also but I will see how we go with that.

If I need to drop both I will of course have another solution most likely our mobile theme for the site.

I know this isnt ideal for everyone but is unfortunately something we may be forced to do.

Dan

Yeah.....I didn't understand anything after "Hi all" Dan. I obviously don't work in IT.

Its an app that you can use to view the forums. In a bid to offer all solutions to everyone the service level dropped kind of counter productive

Hey I once worked in a factory that produced kitchen benchtops. But that was counter productive too.

Daniel said:
Hi all,

We will be dropoing support for forum runner in the coming weeks. Through testing I have found tjay it has been the cause of some performance issues.

I am evaluating tapatalk also and we may need to also drop support for that also but I will see how we go with that.

If I need to drop both I will of course have another solution most likely our mobile theme for the site.

I know this isnt ideal for everyone but is unfortunately something we may be forced to do.

Dan

If that is what needs to be done, then so be it. I have no problem with using the net to access the site if need be.

I thought it someone had left the forum, therefore called a 'forum runner', and Daniel was over trying to support them.

The forum runs great thru the mobile via safari
I don't have any problems at all doing anything I can do on a PC except maybe for a bigger screen

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Hey I once worked in a factory that produced kitchen benchtops. But that was counter productive too.

Hahahaha - one of your best SER8. :D

I am looking at a possible custom and branded solution, though this will come at a cost as the entire cost for doing so will be around $600 a year, So i need to find a way to offset that.

Ahhhh Tapatalk is what I use to read this forum :(

What other iPhone apps would work Dan?

just going to forums.silvertails.net without an app works really well with our forums in any mobile browser

The mobile version is great on the iPhone. The pc version (ie) gets adds at the btm of the screen.

Doing a great job Dan.

Daniel said:
I am looking at a possible custom and branded solution, though this will come at a cost as the entire cost for doing so will be around $600 a year, So i need to find a way to offset that.

$25 annual membership fee. ;)

Daniel said:
just going to forums.silvertails.net without an app works really well with our forums in any mobile browser

I pretty much only do this nowadays. Works good for me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6