Dropmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In 2009 he was the only player who can hold his head high after that awful trip to melbourne,he never stopped running

I dont want to see the DNA Freak on another team,2 dropped balls a game and a penalty,probably 2 this year for walking off the mark

a fully fit Choc is by far our most dangerous forward ( and nearly back) Last year it was obvious he was injured and couldn't make those dynamic runs. I find he drops it at 10-15  metres out from theline when he gets that quick flat pass, maybe he is looking at the hole?? Our other two backrowers don't have his ability to score.

Get Kennedy to call & take the piss out of him for his handling. Then let Chocdrops ego & competitive nature do the rest.

I'd play him every game.  He's a dynamic runner with the ball and if gets those passes away, all good.  Worth every cent.    

DSM5 link said:
I'd play him every game.  He's a dynamic runner with the ball and if gets those passes away, all good.  Worth every cent.   
True when Ox was putting him throught he gaps.

Who will now?

mail is choc was the major disappointment on the night.he doesnt concentrate on his one weaknes and works on his strengths.otherwise they were real happy with attitude and fitness levels.all looks great for round 1.

bring it on.

Which is his one weakness susan?  Dropping the ball, missing vital tackles or giving away stupid penalties?  Or having a swollen ego?

Rex link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186435.msg315500#msg315500 date=1297568963]
I'd play him every game.  He's a dynamic runner with the ball and if gets those passes away, all good.  Worth every cent.    
True when Ox was putting him throught he gaps.

Who will now?
[/quote]

DCE

I guess all of those are features of his play at times - but when he puts it all together he is pure dynamite. He also plays with heart and plays hurt for the benefit of the team. I was on the wrong side of the ground to watch him closely in the trial, but apart from 2 drops I thought he did fine.

I actually thought it was an interesting move to play him in the trial given how he seemed to be battling physically at the end of last year.

To echo something that Cambo brought up quite a bit last year, I think the club should consider playing Watmough less throughout the year. Given the great back rower corps we have at our disposal, Choc doesn't really need to be out there for the entire game, every game.

If we've got the game in the bag then pull him off & let him sit for a while, the bloke seems to be running on empty when it gets to finals time. He doesn't add a whole lot in defence either compared to our other back rowers. I'm sure that DCE would much rather a Rodney or Buhrer next to him in defence over Choc.

IMO we will get the most out of him by using him as a shock & awe weapon, so to speak. Move him around the field, keep him fresh & willing to run hard & make the most of his chances. I have the feeling that he'll go much better playing like that rather than being an 80min workhorse.

Could have a great rotation with T-Rex if the big fella gets a run off the bench.

Choc can be a devastating player when he's focused both in attack and defense, but his dropped balls have dead set cruelled us at time.

Choc is a crab he crabs across field, and hes got terrible hands, but if.... i repeat if he goes forward then i agree with most that he is devastating and the best forward in the game, all he needs to do is run forward and get the ball handed to him in which they do in under 6,s.

Copa Eagle link said:
Choc is a crab he crabs across field, and hes got terrible hands, but if.... i repeat if he goes forward then i agree with most that he is devastating and the best forward in the game, all he needs to do is run forward and get the ball handed to him in which they do in under 6,s.

Choc made more total season metres & more average metres per game than any other 2nd rower for us last year. He is running forward.

Its his errors & penalties thats cause for grief.

his one weaknes is his hands,he simply struggles to catch the ball.the penalties etc flow from that due to frustration.He is a champion player when his confidence is high and we do not have much attacking firepower outside him,snake and lyon so he must be persevered with.

he is also difficult to put through a hole due to his hands,ox had it worked out 07 and 08 and that is another thing many conveniently forget.

his main weakness is his hands, his goal line defense also leaves a hell of a lot to be desired.

It's just a matter of deciding if the brain farts, bad hands and missed tackles are outweighed by the blockbusting runs, athleticism and "X factor" he brings to the game.

At the moment Des obviously believes it is.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2