Dressing Room Wrap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I was lucky enough to win the Maroon & White Football Club Members post match dressing pass for the Panthers game. At 26 to 6 I was thinking what a great game to win it, after 9 wins, the dressing room would have been like a morgue after a great winning streak had to come to an abrupt end.

After one of the greatest 30 minutes of footy in Manly history I was expectantly waiting to enter a jubliant dressing room.

I had to wait about 10 minutes to get entry, Des has a talk to the players and they do a warm down on the bikes and rehydrate etc.

Phillip Dean then took myself and Byso, AE resident photographer, into the shed. The room was buzzing, the players were sitting around the place looking tired but with smiles wider than the harbour bridge.

Ben Kennedy was getting some physio on the table, Terry Hill had an ice pack on his leg but was freely talking about what a great win it was and how it would make the season.

Most of the other players were still sipping on their gatorades, although a few had cracked a stubby of beers by that stage. Paul Stepenson had a wry smile on his face after I sais "at least the intercept didn't cost us the game". He looked a relieved player.

Had a quick chat to Tezza who thought he groin injury wasn't all that bad. Chad Randell was escatic with the win - he said he felt more confident at 26 to 6 than he did at half time as the boys could sense Penrith were tiring badly early in the second half despite a mountain of position.

Daniel Heckenberg was in there congratulatiing his teamates, he said it was very hard sitting on the sideline watching the game, He said he was due back next week but he only started running last Thursday therefor is extremely doubtful for the Rossters game next Friday but he will be right for the Souths game the following week.

Shayne Dunley was getting his ankle iced after it got twisted under a Penrith tackler but he said he wasn't too bad and will be right next week.

Brent Kite looked like he played his heart out as he slumped on the bench next to his locker.

Brett Stewart as always was smiling, he said he really enjoyed scoring the try that got us back in front but overall is not entirely happy with his form, He said he couldn't get to the high kicks than were allowed to bounce in the first half and he thought the safest option was to watch the ball hit the ground and defend after that.

Overall it was great experience going in after a win like that, thanks to the players for making us feel so welcome and they all willing to sign autographs and have chat.

Thanks to Phillip Dean and the football club for a having such a great benefit for the members. If you can afford it have a think about upgrading your membership to 'Maroon & White' category - the benefit is great and being in the dressing room after the Panthers game was worth the additional cost alone.

Make sure you have a look at Byso's photos for the dressing room which will be up tomorrow.

Cheers

Agree Fluffy, I just sent a 'thank you' to the club - it was a great experience after such a great win

Good write up Wheel, I was so envious yesterday when you told me you were on the way to the dressing sheds. What is the cost of the upgrade??

Pete, BTW congrats to Jan on winning the jumper. Sorry Ididn't realise she won it when I saw you both otherwise I would have personally congratulated her - a big honour that is for sure.

The cost for the upgrade is an additional $200 for existong members ($300 for new members). You also get a special polo shirt and get invited to a one on one Q & A session with the coaching staff later in the year.

Phillip Dean said there are not all that many M & W members so you have a pretty good chance of getting a dressing room entry.

Hey Wheel, what was the victory song rendition like? I want to see us win on a Friday night so we can see the boys celebrate in the dressing rooms afterwards.

I didn't get in until approx 10 mins after they left the field. I guess it was done already. So in answer to your question - don't know I didn't see it.

The victory song was pretty loud and enthusiastic! thank goodness they are good at football because they definately can't sing! They all ran into the changerooms screaming "woo-hoo" amongst other things! They were all just screaming the song at the top of their lungs - i think it felt sweeter cos they had to work for it.

Kaza - no nothing about Monas. I guess you could say it was something that you knew that wouldn't be discussed. The reporters in there quizzed him but he wouldn't talk about it only the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4