Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

But it's not just about last night. It's endemic of our season. We have flashes of top 4 and then play like bottom 2. Stats are great but we were playing a side well below us on the ladder and given we are ourselves outside the 8 that's not much chop.
Get what you're sayin, but we were down Alioi Paseka, and of course Tom, playing at a ground where we haven't won in 20yrs, got canned in 6agains 6-1. I'll take the win like we did last week in this crazy season of results, a wins a win.

That first try after the break when Koula got a magical pass from Tuipolotu to make the break you had Croker and Bullemore supporting Koula calling for the ball when they were both clearly out of play.

Gotta wonder what they were thinking. It was lucky Garrick got in between Koula and Bullemore and took the pass for the try.
They sure were out of play, and blocker calling how many supporting players we had backing up Koula

I would turn that question back to you and ask you how Penrith, souths, rooters, storm never seem to sign those players?
We are too clever for them and always beat them to the punch?

Actually I forget exactly which players we were talking about but anyhow those clubs do buy similar players to Manly. Storm had Tuilagi, also Cooper Johns, Chooks had Tuipulotu, Storm and Chooks both signed Lodge, Souths and Chooks both signed our new guy Paulo. Brisbane signed Bullemor. Panthers had Corey Waddell!

Obviously clubs having sustained success will be attractive to good young talent, and the more good young talent you sign, the more likely some will rise to the top. Especially as they are playing with high achieving teams.

Manly isn't one of those yet so we have to build, piece by piece.

Actually I forget exactly which players we were talking about but anyhow those clubs do buy similar players to Manly. Storm had Tuilagi, also Cooper Johns, Chooks had Tuipulotu, Storm and Chooks both signed Lodge, Souths and Chooks both signed our new guy Paulo. Brisbane signed Bullemor. Panthers had Corey Waddell!

Obviously clubs having sustained success will be attractive to good young talent, and the more good young talent you sign, the more likely some will rise to the top. Especially as they are playing with high achieving teams.

Manly need to have 2nds World as their major sponsor.

1690712720400.png

Point being most clubs get most of their players from other places. Even Souths who have very strong juniors only have 4 locals as regulars (Johnston, Graham, Kaloamatangi, Murray), plus Moale on the bench lately.

But when they signed for those other clubs they were 'promising juniors' once the leave and sign for us they are pure hot garbage.

One of the commentary team on a game last week made the best possible point. Think they were speaking about a top 4 side when they said they signed X player from a winning system and that makes all the difference. Look at us. We sign the majority from West tigers. Say no more.

Garrick had a good game BUT had he reached out and scored a try instead of trying to gift Croker a try in his100th game we would have won that game comfortably and with a good margin. I expect someone in the coaching staff has discussed that with him this week.

Garrick had a good game BUT had he reached out and scored a try instead of trying to gift Croker a try in his100th game we would have won that game comfortably and with a good margin. I expect someone in the coaching staff has discussed that with him this week.
But then sort of balanced out with that Dragons no try call , that could have gone either way
Just have to try to somehow go for the throat when the side gets a decisive margin ahead .
That "s what will make a real difference and again in essence being able to better defend a healthy lead .
Will help the side no end .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10