Dragons the benchmark

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Dragons the benchmark" - this is true in respect to measuring beaten favourites.

I must say they look good so far this year. However good looks won't get them over the line if they come up against Igor & co.

Soward is their trump but our team would put him under intolerable pressure.

I think the Dragons deserve favouritism but they have yet to show that they can play with Steel in the Semis. They haven't won a game in mid-September for years.

I think it is a year too early for them though I reckon they will be a big chance next year.

Melbourne and Manly will be hard to beat if both teams can make the Top 5 and survive week one of the semis.

Still too early for them to lose the chokers tag. Although Grumble bum Bennett has got them playing well I still think they are not up to the task of big match finals football.

The Dragons are the benchmark of the comp at the moment, have been playing well throughout the whole season. Could this be their downfall, can they keep it up through the next 10 -11 weeks ?
I think that Des has a game plan in store for the Dragons and was trying out some tactics that he feels could beat them in our game 3 weeks ago. Kiwi has previously pointed out the Gus Gould article from after that game and how we scored 18 against them up the middle of the ruck. Could Des the tactician have a cunning plan for the boys from the wrong side of the bridge?

TE you're right.  We did score 18 up the middle with our big guns out and Kite playing like a baby.  He seems to be getting his mojo back and with our best players back in, the fagqueens will be in trouble .   

I like to see them control a full strength Manly pack with a rampaging Watmough running onto some of those inside balls.

I thought they looked a bit shaky early on in the game when Melb put a bit of pressure on them but the storm couldn't go on with it. Also they threw the ball around alot and it was more panic than style, they lost a bit of ground with the ball.

I think the finals will be their true test, Everyone has heaped alot of praise on them and earmarked them to be in the GF and premiers. That's alot of pressure for them to live up to. Meanwhile Dessy has the boys flying under the radar again and building momentum.

Don't forget that only one minor premier has gone on to win the GF in the last five years. It only matters what you're doing in Sept/Oct, so long as you get into the top 8 of course. Some water is still to flow under that proverbial bridge ................

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8