Dragons on Fifita chase

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Koko22

Reserve Grader
St George Illawarra have kicked off talks to secure rising Manly prop Viliami Fifita. Fifita – who still has 12 months to run on his deal at the Sea Eagles – is eyeing a potential immediate switch and the Dragons are circling.

Fifita is yet to play in the NRL but the 22-year-old is considered a long-term prospect in the top grade.

The Dragons remain on the lookout to build up their depth after signing Titans utility Paul Turner last week to a two-year deal.

In the tele.

Yeah not gonna look too good for the new coaching staff letting Fifita go while keppie and Boyle and others are signed up

St George Illawarra have kicked off talks to secure rising Manly prop Viliami Fifita. Fifita – who still has 12 months to run on his deal at the Sea Eagles – is eyeing a potential immediate switch and the Dragons are circling.

Fifita is yet to play in the NRL but the 22-year-old is considered a long-term prospect in the top grade.

The Dragons remain on the lookout to build up their depth after signing Titans utility Paul Turner last week to a two-year deal.

In the tele.
But I thought we were now a connected brotherhood??!!

Only way I can think there’s any truth to it is if they’re keen to free up a Top 30 spot for Gordie.

Yeah there is that. Hopefully he takes the long view. He could still make plenty here if he performs up to expectations and has more chance of furthering his career.
Definitely but when young players have their manager in their ear pushing for a release or more $$$,what can they do.Hopefully he has some smarter people in his crew that can see the bigger picture

I thought fifita was great against a reserve grade team in souths against a strong roosters pack he looked not quite ready in my opinion, same for fainu and zac fulton. If he stays he needs to be bought along slowly 10-20 minutes off the bench till he proves he is up to it.
Nrl needs to crack down on clubs poaching players under contract

Sporting news has him in our list​

MANLY SEA EAGLES​

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 4

• Josh Aloiai
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Lachlan Croker
  • Ben Condon
  • Viliame Fifita
  • Reuben Garrick
  • Morgan Harper
  • Sean Keppie
  • Tolu Koula
  • Karl Lawton
  • Haumole Olakau'atu
  • Brad Parker
  • Taniela Paseka
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Schuster
  • Toafofoa Sipley
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Tom Trbojevic
  • Kelma Tuilagi
  • Christian Tuipolotu
  • Alec Tu'itavake
  • Raymond Vaega
  • Kaeo Weekes
DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Jamie Humphreys, Fletcher Myers, Jacob Sykes, Gordon Chan Kum Tong

I thought fifita was great against a reserve grade team in souths against a strong roosters pack he looked not quite ready in my opinion, same for fainu and zac fulton. If he stays he needs to be bought along slowly 10-20 minutes off the bench till he proves he is up to it.
Nrl needs to crack down on clubs poaching players under contract
That’s the point.He needs more time to develop but if another club comes knocking with more money and an immediate spot in 1st grade,they’re going to be interested.This is where Manly needs to stand strong and not get in a bidding war that sees them over pay someone who hasn’t proven anything yet

Illawarra are a basket case.
Thing is - money talks and so does promises of opportunity, look at Feledy to Tigers.
Really hoping Fifita stays at Manly as he is a big awkward thing to takle and could well be a standout player in 2 years time, in fact is already ahead of others who have represented Manly over the past year or 2 in the middle.

That’s the point.He needs more time to develop but if another club comes knocking with more money and an immediate spot in 1st grade,they’re going to be interested.This is where Manly needs to stand strong and not get in a bidding war that sees them over pay someone who hasn’t proven anything yet
YEp, like we stood strong with JWH!
There's only so much a club can do in this situation but I had the impression Fifita was about to crack it in first grade with Manly until he got hurt. So although the money would be significant for a young player like him he's been in our system for ages and it would make sense to stay here for now in a team apparently on the rise.
Hope so anyway.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8