Announcement Downtime -> Sorry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

Our SSL certificate expired and I had to go through a few steps as renewing it which is normally automated was not working.

We now have the SSL certificate back in place and up and running again, because running without an SSL certificate is not completely secure and a general no-no I had to take the site down whilst I fixed the issue .

Sorry for the inconvenience, all fixed now.

Daniel

Oh I am and have been doing that forever apparently......remember the TC thread on it?
1) Never started a thread "on it" but replied with an opinion within the thread.(haven't started a thread in probably 7-8yrs)

2)Never accused you of stealing any info, i just stated the buggy site doesn't "feel" secure and may be prone to hacking.(and it "may" have been the cause of my own experience so i play it more safe now, just in case)

3)As stated previously i asked a question within a thread(probably 7-8yrs also) about "does membership hand over details to the site owner" and was replied to by a moderator at the time(within the thread) with "yes it does", so i decided from that point not to sign up.(things are obviously probably different now with more payment options)

1) Never started a thread "on it" but replied with an opinion within the thread.(haven't started a thread in probably 7-8yrs)

2)Never accused you of stealing any info, i just stated the buggy site doesn't "feel" secure and may be prone to hacking.(and it "may" have been the cause of my own experience so i play it more safe now, just in case)

3)As stated previously i asked a question within a thread(probably 7-8yrs also) about "does membership hand over details to the site owner" and was replied to by a moderator at the time(within the thread) with "yes it does", so i decided from that point not to sign up.(things are obviously probably different now with more payment options)
You might have your wires crossed there. I remember a discussion I had with you a while back about joining the tipping comp and whether when you paid through the site your details would be known. I replied that seeing as it was through paypal then I suspected that some personal information would be revealed to Dan (your paypal email address for instance). You claimed not to be comfortable with that and didn't want to join. That's fine, but I'm not sure what level of anonymity you are seeking when you wish to pay for something over the internet through a site like this ? As for general personal information available to moderators ? Only what you wish to reveal in your member profile.

You might have your wires crossed there. I remember a discussion I had with you a while back about joining the tipping comp and whether when you paid through the site your details would be known. I replied that seeing as it was through paypal then I suspected that some personal information would be revealed to Dan (your paypal email address for instance). You claimed not to be comfortable with that and didn't want to join. That's fine, but I'm not sure what level of anonymity you are seeking when you wish to pay for something over the internet through a site like this ? As for general personal information available to moderators ? Only what you wish to reveal in your member profile.
It wasn't the tipping comp discussion which is more recent, i'm talking probably seven odd years ago.

I wanted to help the site out at the time but was worried about personal info being shared with the site owner, wanted to contribute but be 100% anonymous to the site.

It wasn't the tipping comp discussion which is more recent, i'm talking probably seven odd years ago.

I wanted to help the site out at the time but was worried about personal info being shared with the site owner, wanted to contribute but be 100% anonymous to the site.
The only way to be 100% anonymous when transferring money is cash in an envelope in the mail. There are laws about tracking payments online - not sure why you would feel like you need to be above those.

The only way to be 100% anonymous when transferring money is cash in an envelope in the mail. There are laws about tracking payments online - not sure why you would feel like you need to be above those.
I'm not after 100% anonymity in general just 100% anonymity here.(not like the banks don't know where my money is going, but at least i can control beyond this point)

I've offered brown paper bag options here also(back then)

Holy **** I was being light hearted. Some assholes must be puckered tighter than dolphins.

TC = top cat by the way not technical coach

Holy **** I was being light hearted. Some assholes must be puckered tighter than dolphins.

TC = top cat by the way not technical coach

I thought TC stood for Total Cnut and you were referring to me! I was just about to throw a massive hissy fit!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8