Dope grower gets 3000 word 'sentence'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader

January 04, 2006

A JUDGE yesterday ordered a drug grower to write a 3000-word essay on the links between cannabis and schizophrenia as part of his sentence.

In the Supreme Court in Brisbane, Justice George Fryberg said smoking cannabis increased chances of mental illness and, in particular, schizophrenia.
He said unlike moderate use of alcohol, use of cannabis could have long-term effects on users.

Justice Fryberg was sentencing David Allan Wotton, 43, who pleaded guilty to producing cannabis sativa between September 1, 2004 and April 4 last year.

Wotton and his wife Deborah Louise Wotton, 41, also pleaded guilty to possessing cannabis sativa on April 4 last year.

Prosecutor Ron Swanwick said police raided the Wottons' property at Toogoolawah, in the Brisbane Valley, and found cannabis sativa plants growing in a chicken shed and some loose leaf.

Barrister Craig Eberhardt, for the Wottons, said his clients had been embarrassed by the episode and had now given up the drug.
Justice Fryberg sentenced David Wotton to 12 months' probation with a requirement he complete his essay by April 3 and 50 hours community service.

Deborah Wotton was sentenced to 50 hours' community service.

hehe, nah it was on the news.com.au website today in the other side section. As soon as I saw it though I knew Mata would love it.

lol....looks like we evenhave a magistrate reading the site

The magistrates comment "unlike moderate use of alcohol, use of cannabis could have long-term effects on users" is very interesting.

He forgot to mention that moderate use of cigarettes can cause serious long term health damage but cigarettes are legal. Why is this?

Moderate use of alcohol may also cause long term health effects as well is some people who are susecptable to its use even in small doses.

Maybe they should make the magistrate do a 3,000 word essay on why alcohol and cigarettes are legal and dope isn't and the comparative damage each causes in moderate use.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6