Don't read Newscorp papers.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
A simple plea from a Manly tragic until something official happens do yourself a favour and dont waste your money and time on these publications. At least 4 pages of here say etc from the Tele (I had a coffee and the paper was on the table) pure character assasination of a great club.

What does here got to do with it, was she or he betting man or woMAN @:mask:@:mask:@:mask:@:mask:@:mask:

It's hearsay not here say

"information received from other people which cannot be substantiated; rumour".

Did you not learn anything through the Super League era into "he was so drunk he could not remember anything" then to "none of the players knw I was doping them"

Simply put where is the core tele audience? Mainly out west.
Who hates manly?

Compare the treatment of parra (and the "worry" over the players") to this and you have your answer

I actually never started reading them. Manly are prime fodder and sell newspapers regardless of the veracity of the stories .But seriously anyone who believes this stuff doesn't happen, Manly or elsewhere, in pro sport is kidding themselves. Its like the recreational drug deniers. What happens in society is simply multiplied in high income sports, especially when the intelligence doesn't match the paypacket.

I actually never started reading them. Manly are prime fodder .But seriously anyone who believes this stuff doesn't happen, Manly or elsewhere, in pro sport is kidding themselves.
No argument over it happening or not but there is no such thing as balanced reporting from the DT hacks

I haven't read their pulp for over 40 years ... I see no reason to change that listening to Paul C**t on NRL360 is totally enough opinionated rubbish

Absolutely! Manly haters dominate the landscape and dickheads like Kent and Hooper love it.I doubt if either could spell ""balanced"" let alone put it into practice.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
As a former journalist who has worked for both Fairfax and Murdoch I have to disagree. News Ltd, these days, has far better publications than Fairfax, primarily because they have the resources. Fairfax has been going downhill for the past decade, and is on its last legs financially and it will only have an on-line version soon.
Have you read the SMH newspaper and tried to find a report on the previous evening's NRL match? It's not there, because the paper is subbed in NZ as a cost-cutting exercise and NZ is two hours ahead of us. Thus, the paper closes its reports at 9pm rather than 11pm.
The best newspaper is The Australian. That's if you are looking for quality in-depth journalism.
If you are looking for a quirky headline then the Tele is king.
You must also be aware that radio and TV news almost always relies on newspaper reports. They don't have the resources, or the skills, to actually investigate leads.

...but I hate Kent.Rational argument will never trump that.
Sure. That's understandable.
The other thing that has happened to our media is that they don't just report the facts, and maintain a balance as good journalists should, they give their opinion. Almost every reporter these days is a 'columnist' who is biased in some way or another. 60 Minutes tried to manufacture the news, rather than observing and reporting. There also now are three PR people to every journalist so that virtually every story starts with an agenda being pushed by a spin-doctor.

As a former journalist who has worked for both Fairfax and Murdoch I have to disagree. News Ltd, these days, has far better publications than Fairfax, primarily because they have the resources. Fairfax has been going downhill for the past decade, and is on its last legs financially and it will only have an on-line version soon.
Have you read the SMH newspaper and tried to find a report on the previous evening's NRL match? It's not there, because the paper is subbed in NZ as a cost-cutting exercise and NZ is two hours ahead of us. Thus, the paper closes its reports at 9pm rather than 11pm.
The best newspaper is The Australian. That's if you are looking for quality in-depth journalism.
If you are looking for a quirky headline then the Tele is king.
You must also be aware that radio and TV news almost always relies on newspaper reports. They don't have the resources, or the skills, to actually investigate leads.

I don't read Fairfax crap either

Sure. That's understandable.
The other thing that has happened to our media is that they don't just report the facts, and maintain a balance as good journalists should, they give their opinion. Almost every reporter these days is a 'columnist' who is biased in some way or another. 60 Minutes tried to manufacture the news, rather than observing and reporting. There also now are three PR people to every journalist so that virtually every story starts with an agenda being pushed by a spin-doctor.
100% correct they arnt jurnos they are columnist giving the papers spin on the subject.

Fin. Review all the way. If you want an interesting read, that paper is sweet.
Unfortunately Ryan this is another Fairfax publication that - like Manly - has lost its greatness. Many journos have been retrenched and some recruited by The Australian. I suggest you give the business section of The Australian a try.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6