Donny Singe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I'm sitting here watching the Cowboys flogging for the 3rd time , and something I've noticed , is despite the injuries , we look extremely fit right now.

What I mean by that :

+ Moses Suli looks fitter than he's ever looked in the league. His pace is back to Tigers territory. This is a big accomplishment, given the time he's had on the sidelines.

+ Toafofoa Sipley looks mean and lean, and his time on the field isn't just to make up the numbers. His energy, intensity and speed is going to make it hard for him to be dropped.

+ As I predicted and hoped for when I copped serves during the offseason for supporting Croker, he has changed shape. He was quite lean last season, but has put on a lot of muscle. His defense and efforts are consistently improving.

+ Both Harper and Gareicks speed this season has shocked me. But not only in attack. Defense as well. They are coming in field, looking for more.work. Their tries and points scored is testament to that compared to last season.

+ Brad Parker is playing more robust, and definitely stronger and with more energy and vigor in defense. When we get momentum in a backline movement, god he's hard to stop close to the opposition try line.

+ Haumole Olakau'atu is much leaner, but also much more mobile, but still explosive and damaging. Honestly, this kid could be anything. He looks really fast, and he seems to stay up tempo and involved for long periods.

+ Kieran Foran has said he's much fitter than he's been in many years (think he claimed ever). His input and output is increasing every week, and he seems to be getting quicker as well this season as it progresses.

There are many more examples, but credit where it's due as well. I've been hard on the fitness before, but I have to commend the players, the club, but most importantly Donny Singe to have the players who make the field improving every week.

Side has looked a lot sharper and markedly since the improved form and the turnaround this season . In their respective positions , guys like Turbo , Saab , Garrick , D C E , Haumole , Schuster , Paseka and even Croker would rate right up there if not quicker then all of their contemporaries . Even Foz has looked reasonably sharp . Walker and Suli seemed to have regained previous good speed . Koula and Burbo would rate right up there in the speed department . Probably would apply to all of the squad . Lack of speed will not be an issue for Manly to progress further in this season's comp , just a good run on the injury front and to maintain some solid consistency .

I'm sitting here watching the Cowboys flogging for the 3rd time , and something I've noticed , is despite the injuries , we look extremely fit right now.

What I mean by that :

+ Moses Suli looks fitter than he's ever looked in the league. His pace is back to Tigers territory. This is a big accomplishment, given the time he's had on the sidelines.

+ Toafofoa Sipley looks mean and lean, and his time on the field isn't just to make up the numbers. His energy, intensity and speed is going to make it hard for him to be dropped.

+ As I predicted and hoped for when I copped serves during the offseason for supporting Croker, he has changed shape. He was quite lean last season, but has put on a lot of muscle. His defense and efforts are consistently improving.

+ Both Harper and Gareicks speed this season has shocked me. But not only in attack. Defense as well. They are coming in field, looking for more.work. Their tries and points scored is testament to that compared to last season.

+ Brad Parker is playing more robust, and definitely stronger and with more energy and vigor in defense. When we get momentum in a backline movement, god he's hard to stop close to the opposition try line.

+ Haumole Olakau'atu is much leaner, but also much more mobile, but still explosive and damaging. Honestly, this kid could be anything. He looks really fast, and he seems to stay up tempo and involved for long periods.

+ Kieran Foran has said he's much fitter than he's been in many years (think he claimed ever). His input and output is increasing every week, and he seems to be getting quicker as well this season as it progresses.

There are many more examples, but credit where it's due as well. I've been hard on the fitness before, but I have to commend the players, the club, but most importantly Donny Singe to have the players who make the field improving every week.
The big one for me was schu and haumole both playing quality 80 mins. Incredible for blokes so young and with minimal experience,

The big one for me was schu and haumole both playing quality 80 mins. Incredible for blokes so young and with minimal experience,
Reflect back on the back row of Kosef , Daniel Gartner and Beaver as a pretty formidable line up and then Giffty , Choc and who ever [ in that era ] as very impressive also . Now Jake , Schuster and Haumole , would have to rank right up there . Actually most decades that i have been aware of had some very handy back rowers , Martin , Norton , Lowe - Martin Randell , Walker in the 70 "s . Fatty , Crusher and Gibbs in the 80 "s . Common denominator with previous instances was premiership success , let's hope that a back row combo of Jake , Schuster and Haumole will be able to be part of a similar outcome before not too long .

@Ryan .. agree, well done ... I am on record as saying I thought Donny would be Dessie's most important signing ... a man's man and a Sea Eagle legend ...

But it does raise the question ... this is the 3rd year ... what was happening the past 2 years ?
I think that we were fit the first year, not fit last year and definitely not fit the first 4 games of the year

It is something of a trait with Donny trained teams that fitness seems to change from year to year I recall 2012 when we seems so unfit most of the year

Keith Titmuss died early in the off-season training. That would have had a huge impact mentally on everyone and set it back significantly. Then after that there was a lock down, so it makes sense that it took them a while to get up to speed because they were probably two months behind every one.

[We were] not fit last year and definitely not fit the first 4 games of the year

Is it correlation or causation that Tom was out injured for most of that time period... and we happen to look fitter since he returned?

For the record I think we are now playing with the attitude and belief that we can win football games against the best teams in the comp... rather than empirically being any more or less fit.

What I mean by that :

Well said @Ryan. To think that fraud barrett sacked Don and brought in that red headed muppet. What a joke lol

Today is an indication of what a fit team can do. Step it up in the second half, and ride right over the top of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6