Donny Singe et al...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Just a passing thought...but we seem to be off the pace this year in terms of our power and conditioning. I've also seen a lot less of Don Singe on the website and social media - he's usually a go-to man for comment about the team, injuries, performance on the training ground etc.

Could this be related to our on-field troubles? We're looking tired, not getting up in defence, not bending the line in attack. No metres from dummy half or general forwards rolling up the ruck. In short, we look a bit weak.

We used to come out of the off-season absolutely firing. 2013 for example we were piling into tackles in threes and fours over the first month, compared to what we have now.

Don't say anything bad about our forwards or backs strength and conditioning.
I mentioned it a few threads ago that we were being rolled over by relatively mediocre opposition packs and that maybe we aren't in the best of shape...and was smashed for it.

Careful where you tread here ... Donny "whip em into shape" singe seems sacrosanct here.

Last edited:
Oh no! People will be suggesting that it's all Donny's fault now so he should be sacked or resign!!

I mentioned it a few threads ago that we were being rolled over by relatively mediaocre opposition packs and that maybe we aren't in the best of shape...and was smashed for it.

Careful where you tread here ... Donny "whip em into shape" singe seems sacrosanct here.
Mental conditioning Maybe the issue here or more aptly having the desire and will to win. Wish Donny could fix this for us as well!

It's probably more to do with a lack of effort than a lack of conditioning. It's up to the players to turn it around, no one else.

I mentioned it a few threads ago that we were being rolled over by relatively mediocre opposition packs and that maybe we aren't in the best of shape...and was smashed for it.

You are right, he is "sacrosanct" FMD!

yep, its fitness, nothing to do with attitude or injuries.

I wish we were like other teams where we replace our top 17 players with better players once injured.....

Just a passing thought...but we seem to be off the pace this year in terms of our power and conditioning. I've also seen a lot less of Don Singe on the website and social media - he's usually a go-to man for comment about the team, injuries, performance on the training ground etc.

Could this be related to our on-field troubles? We're looking tired, not getting up in defence, not bending the line in attack. No metres from dummy half or general forwards rolling up the ruck. In short, we look a bit weak.

We used to come out of the off-season absolutely firing. 2013 for example we were piling into tackles in threes and fours over the first month, compared to what we have now.

WE do have a relatively new 'speed and power' coach...can't remember his name. Most peoples are probably right however - it is an attitude thing. At least Big Willie broke the line a couple of times. How good is it to see SOMEONE breaking clear for Manly. Almost forgotten how that looks...

Are we still going the calves blood ? if not, get back on it ! 2008 bugger all injuries and they all looked as fit as ! Tried it myself but no good. Still a fat heap.
I always see the Gazelle about - he needs to get back to the Academy and open up his boot of goodies!

To be honest I don't think any of our coaching has adapted to the new rules very well. Some weeks we get allowed to hold and then others we get cooked on penalties. It seems like the ruck speed hasn't been enough of a focus. We spend a lot of time defending because we don't seem to take the gas out of our opponents e.g. we've come up against some good kicking games and teams pinning us. We aren't doing the same to opponents though. And for the record the results in the gym have been the same high standard they have for years. Nothing has really changed. I just think its a combo of things that are sapping our energy in games. Teams are game planning for us wanting to wrestle and we're giving away stupid penalties in the opposition half. Meanwhile most of the penalties we receive are slow down penalties once we're already in attacking position.

To be honest I don't think any of our coaching has adapted to the new rules very well. Some weeks we get allowed to hold and then others we get cooked on penalties. It seems like the ruck speed hasn't been enough of a focus. We spend a lot of time defending because we don't seem to take the gas out of our opponents e.g. we've come up against some good kicking games and teams pinning us. We aren't doing the same to opponents though. And for the record the results in the gym have been the same high standard they have for years. Nothing has really changed. I just think its a combo of things that are sapping our energy in games. Teams are game planning for us wanting to wrestle and we're giving away stupid penalties in the opposition half. Meanwhile most of the penalties we receive are slow down penalties once we're already in attacking position.

I think your spot on there, we just don't seam to have adapted at all. We are to slow on the play the ball and to slow out of the line.

If any one is wondering where Donny has been just posted this on faebook
Thanks to Cris Baily for keeping my orange shirt warm!! I know the boys prefer your strapping skills, Im more of a "squirt it with water and get on with it"!!!
The NRL allowed me and 5 other NRL trainers to complete major intensive components of the level 4 Paramedic course to enable us to retain our 1st aid status on the field. I`ve been going nuts not being able to access my men during the 1st 8 rounds but Sunday was a good day. Brendon happy to get his yellow shirt back and Rubin back on the field too. Buggers wanted to vote before taking Cris off but I vetoed it!!! ha ha!
Now lets get on with it!

The requirements for all NRL Head Trainers has increased to having a medical degree or qualification. Donny has completed a Paramedical course recently so he is able to run on the field as the Head Trainer (Orange Shirt) this year, hence his absence.
Thanks, but it was this part I had no idea about...
Brendon happy to get his yellow shirt back and Rubin back on the field too. Buggers wanted to vote before taking Cris off but I vetoed it!!! ha ha!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4