Donald - option in contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
DONALD TO LEEDS WITH EAGLES BEST WISHES

The Manly Sea Eagles today confirmed the signing of try-scoring winger Scott Donald to English Super League Club Leeds for the next three years.

Donald will leave Manly at the end of the season to link up with the Rhinos after a very successful three season stint with Manly.

The former Cowboys and Parramatta winger has exercised an option in his contract to take up the Leeds offer which was negotiated over the weekend. Donald was Manly's leading try scorer with 18 last season and his two tries against Newcastle at Brookvale Oval last Sunday took his tally to eight in the matches so far in 2005.

Donald's record of 48 tries in 62 games for Manly is one of the best strike records in the NRL.

Manly CEO Patrick Wilson said the Sea Eagles were sorry to see Donald leave the club.

"He is an exciting player, an excellent clubman and a proven match winner.

"The offer from Leeds was one which will help Scott financially secure his future and we wish him the best of luck" Mr Wilson said.

Donald said the Leeds offer was too good to refuse.

"I have always wanted to play in England and the opportunity at 24 years of age is something I couldn't pass up.

"I'm grateful for the opportunity Manly has given me and I've loved my time with the club - I wouldn't feel right playing against them. I would particularly like to make mention of the supporters who have been very good to me since I joined the club for an opportunity from Parramatta three years ago," Donald said.

Donald said he will now concentrate on helping Manly into the semi finals for the first time since 1998.

"I'm excited at how far we can go in this premiership," Donald said.

I see it as a negative. I was hoping we'd released him because someone better was aboiut to put pen to paper.

This just means the player has exercised the chance to leave.

Mata - I don't think he turned up and said to Wilson that Leeds had offered him some money and he was going.

I am sure he let them know of the offer, that they had the chance to match or at least counter offer. That the option exists also says something in my view.

We will wait and see what transpires.

Depends whether he jumped or was pushed. Maybe he was given the old tap on the shoulder and wink to do your best.

He may have been given a gentle reminder of the clause by admin after Leeds' number 1 winger (Calderwood) turned down their latest offer.

apparantly he had a birthday and he got a very warm jumper wrapped up from the club with a card that just said, "this would be ideal if you where thinking of spending time in england"

pure speculation, cant confirm or deny this as yet!

none left in Kingeys size unfortunately!

Donald has verious deficiencies that have been targetted by opponents this year (under high ball), positional play, inability to break a tackle, but he has speed. That's it.
Time to try Growthe, Burt etc etc.

You never know, the way Manly are negotiating at we might off side everyone we CURRENTLY have like Monnas, lose players we need like Donald (deficiencies aside), and bargain ourselves out of players like King (who I hear didn't like Cummings), and I'm sure a lot more.

Very, very sad. Sorry to see Duck leave. Unless we get Carney I can't see this being a positive for the club. Burt offers nothing that we don't already have & he is the one being talked about mostly. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like we're getting a sniff & then f*cking it up to be back where we were.

aparently (from a very reputable sauce) donald didnt exercise his option but was booted in a 1 for 1 swap with Leeds for another winger

well there was that bloke, forgot his name who said he wanted to play NRL, i think very young but a star by ESL standards , not sure how that sets him up here standard wise, the mix is so wide over there.

If we have done a swap why hasnt it been announced. Assumably the player would have been released by his club and allowed to negotiate, theres nothing wrong with that?

aparently (from a very reputable sauce) donald didnt exercise his option but was booted in a 1 for 1 swap with Leeds for another winger

reputable sauce....................... fountain or hienz or HP fluffy i want to know your sauce.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4