Doing it dinosaur style

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
Aren't we also the penalised team in the NRL??? w****r refs....I hate both those refs tonight

We might get the odd dusty call but I think we deserve most of the penalties we get tbh.

You can usually tell when the refs are about to blow the whistle.  It is so frustrating to watch our forwards lie on the tackled player on the 3rd and 4th tackle when you know the ref is going to blow his whistle.

100% agree marcus

king was too long in the tackle,williams kicked out on full,perry was a disgraceful flop,kite went on forever....game over at 16-4 as we hardly score a point after half time usually.each penalty was warranted and i was just waiting for the whistle to blow.watch saints and brisbane in the ruck;technically they are great.

we are easily the most penalised team and i dont believe every ref has it in for us.time to fix up the ruck area.id rather a fast play the ball than defending back to back penalties.the stats say the vast majority of tries scored in this comp come off repeat sets.

And you forgot top mention Choc gives them away penalties consistently near out line by lingering in the ruck area.  All penalties last night were our fault and deserved.  Those lazy front rowers were guilty of not turning up.  All of them.  It was freezing up there and wet.  I think all those travelling supporters deserve a medal, or at least match payment. 

Technical Coach link said:
I would look outside the square to improve our attack and have Farrar at half Foran still at 5/8 with Hoppa at fullback but injuries will not allow this and young Hoppa is a risk under the high ball if the pressure gets to him. I would have tried this combination 8-10 weeks ago its too late now though just thought i would mention it.  

Hodkinson is slow and over uses the drift across field and throw an inside ball just like Travis Burns but with less speed.

Farrar has good footwork a nice turn of speed and has shown he can pass--i would have Farrar playing a Ben Hornby like role but taking the line on more to compress the opposing defensive line in the middle more allowing more room for Foran and our outside backs---teams do not fear Hodkinson when he ambles up to the defensive line.

Hoppa is a natural fullback and all games i have seen of him is pretty good under the high ball. He has had a taste of first grade this year so think he would be fine.

Not sure about Farrar at 1/2. If your going to cut Hodko, you might as well put Cherry-Evans in to give him some first grade games under his belt for next year. It can't hurt in my opinion. Farrar would be better served coming of the bench in a utility role.

Agree with you though, it's too late now. Should have done this when Hodko signed with the dogs. To be honest i didn't see what the big deal was if we put Cherry-Evans in and cut Hodko. At the end of the day they are both rookies, the only difference is we are giving experience to a player that won't be with us next year.

I got along to the U20s game against Souths specifically to watch Hoppa and Whare go around

There were 2 things in Hoppa's fullback play that worried me, firstly his positioning wasn't always the greatest, and at times he was a bit casual getting back to the ball

I would still like to see him have a crack though because he impressed me a lot in his 2 matches

I saw someone say Hoppa is injured at the moment. Is that true? and if so for how long?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8