Dogs line up shock Hasler replacements

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Rogue Bulldogs board members are planning a coup to oust coach Des Hasler for next season, and The Mole can reveal the two men the Canterbury board are lining up to replace him.

Despite Hasler guiding the Dogs to two grand finals since arriving at Belmore in 2012, their inconsistent 5-4 start to the season has club officials worried and looking at other options.

The Mole is hearing Hasler’s right-hand-man Jim Dymock and Junior Kangaroos boss Justin Holbrook are the two men in contention for Des’ job should the coup eventuate.

1995 premiership-winner Dymock coached Canterbury for eight games in 2011 after Kevin Moore resigned mid-season, while Holbrook – who led the Dogs to the 2011 NSW Cup grand final before moving onto lower-grade stints with the Dragons, Eels and now Roosters – recently received a phone call from a club official asking about his plans for 2017. Despite his low profile, the 40-year-old ex-Knights, Panthers and Roosters halfback is highly regarded by those in the know and is seen as an NRL coach in waiting.

Board members are frustrated by Hasler’s refusal to drop misfiring back-rower Tony Williams until today’s clash with the Tigers and Des’ lack of involvement with the Dogs’ struggling lower grades – they’re languishing in 13th in the Holden Cup and are rock bottom in the NSW Cup.

Doggies legend Terry Lamb slammed Hasler for not understanding the club’s famous ‘Dogs of War’ culture two weeks ago.

“Des doesn’t know what the culture is about and that’s just what it is,” Lamb fired. “We’ve got to create that atmosphere within the club again.”

The heat on Hasler will intensify if Canterbury stumble against the Wests Tigers this afternoon at ANZ Stadium.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/dogs-...44573645583877&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Jesus Christ, aren't they satisfied with 5th overall at the moment? Pretty high standards if you ask me. I remember Barrett saying in a presser that, "he hopes we can get to 4 wins, 4 losses".

Different benchmarks I guess.

LOL - if that board had have been in charge at Manly Barrett would have been gone after round 2.

Any thought of perhaps replacing our board being a strategy? :D We are further down in the lower grades than the Bulldogs are and my word we have much less culture right now.

I hear Robbiea is waiting for directions to Belmore..we should go for that lunch meeting and make the Bulldogs fit the bill. Kebabs all round, I'll have lamb.

NYEagle

Des Hasler has taken that club to finals every year for the past four that he has been there, including two grand finals. They are currently in 5th place, short one or two playmakers that they actually need. That board is more brainless than Zorba Peters and Rick Penn combined.

Two Grand Finals in his first four seasons, yeah Des is obviously the problem there!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6