Dogs game the crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
Again it felt like a lot more than 16,800. I'm sure there is something wrong with the counters. It was the fullest the oval has been this year. Great atmosphere.
And still, in round 20, our renovations are not complete.

I suspect numbers are being fudged downwards to satiate Councillor Kirsch (or whatever her name is) and her anti-Manly brigade.

Matabele said:
The Who said:
Again it felt like a lot more than 16,800. I'm sure there is something wrong with the counters. It was the fullest the oval has been this year. Great atmosphere.
And still, in round 20, our renovations are not complete.

I suspect numbers are being fudged downwards to satiate Councillor Kirsch (or whatever her name is) and her anti-Manly brigade.

If you wanted to 'satiate' her, wouldn't it make sense to 'up' the numbers, to prove that the Oval is still relevant and popular?

"Look Councillor, 20,000 were at the game last week for the third time this year, we need more funding to cope with those sorts of numbers."

It certainly looked closer to 20,000, than the 17,000 odd they came up with.

No, if there are big numbers she will whine about the inconvenience to residents and inflates the amount of fertilization happening in her flower beds.

Can anyone confirm what the actual capacity of Brookie is at the moment ?

Was last night a sell out ?? If the "house full" sign goes up then why are we whinging about the crowd ?

Chip and Chase said:
Can anyone confirm what the actual capacity of Brookie is at the moment ?

Was last night a sell out ?? If the "house full" sign goes up then why are we whinging about the crowd ?

I explained this to someone last night: The club has to take into account the number of members they have. If 7000 of the 10,000 members turn up, you will will have to stop selling the tickets at 10,000 for a 20,000 capacity, and hope that all 10,000 members turn up. If they don't then you don't get capacity. Last night we could have only had 6000 members there, thus the 16000, not 20000

I was there for the raiders game and it wasn't anywhere near as busy and a similar figure was posted. The security guard next to me was informed all tickets were sold just prior to kick off.

They are clearly fudging figures or there is a problem with the counters.

If they would have quoted 20k there last night no one would have blinked an eye.

As I said, there is no problem with the counters.

Those there would have noticed there were still many people sitting down on the hill. For us to be approaching a 20k crowd, it needs to be standing room only.

simz said:
They are clearly fudging figures or there is a problem with the counters.

If they would have quoted 20k there last night no one would have blinked an eye.

Or maybe in the past they used to always fudge the numbers upwards? Now they might actually be accurate.

Larissa said:

Those there would have noticed there were still many people sitting down on the hill. For us to be approaching a 20k crowd, it needs to be standing room only.

Yes there were Lara, but a lot less than when there were crowds of 16,000 posted earlier this season. I'm not having a shot at you, but I seriously doubt crowd numbers at Brookie these days.
I can't believe we could once get 27,000 to Brookie and now 17,000-18,000 is capacity. How did the ground reconfiguration wipe off 10,000 spectators?

The Who said:
Larissa said:

Yes there were Lara, but a lot less than when there were crowds of 16,000 posted earlier this season. I'm not having a shot at you, but I seriously doubt crowd numbers at Brookie these days.
I can't believe we could once get 27,000 to Brookie and now 17,000-18,000 is capacity. How did the ground reconfiguration wipe off 10,000 spectators?

We haven't had 27,000 since the Arko stand went up. It's be 20,000 to 22,000 since then. The new stand probably knocked off another 2,000 as well. I agree with Larissa. 16,000 seemed about right, as there were a lot sitting down. I was there when we had 20,000 for a couple of games. Not only couldn't you move, but no one had rugs on the hill. Friday night you could stand comfortably and there were people sitting down.

Volley might have a point about the fudging in the past as well. They are accurate now, just what they were saying was 20,000 5 years ago, may not have been 20,000 at the time...it might have been 18,000

Just watched the replay for the first time and Gus remarked that the ground was at capacity.
I'm still not convinced that we have 'lost' 10,000 spectators because of stands being built. But I'll leave it at that.

Seller at the ticket box said to us that seating was all gone and GA was closing in on its limits (at 4pm) when i went to ask what time the gates open (leagues club).

Hope that helps. I see a game once every 2 years if lucky, no idea if it was a big crowd or not.

Matabele said:
No, if there are big numbers she will whine about the inconvenience to residents and inflates the amount of fertilization happening in her flower beds.

She should buy some lemon trees.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4