Dogs , Eels and Broncos to miss the 8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Narrabeen Laker

Reserve Grader
How sweet would it be for those 3 teams to miss the 8 this year?

Eels - Cheated the cap by a massive amount last year and have pretty much got the same team plus new signings . The NRL let them "retire" watmough with a new injury to help them do this even though the insurance company laughed them out of court . Their star half wanna be gangster Norman gets busted for possessing drugs ( all is forgiven )and the Dalai Lama takes Foran off us .

Dogs - poach De$$ our comp winning coach 2 minutes after we win the GF . De$$ then takes all our assistants and tries to poach more of our players .

Broncos - Where do I start ? Get a Friday game every week . Have more TPA,s than the rest of the league put together and a team full of grubs , coached by a bloke smugger than a Cheshire Cat .

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
Im a Queenslander an a Manly supporter all my life.I was at the first broncos game which as u know was against us,an the last few years i go to the manly vs broncos games at suncorp.Interesting fact Broncos supporters hate fri night games.I generally sit in the broncos members section in my manly gear an they hate it ,it takes them longer to get to the games an longer home an its all for ratings nothing else,just a unknown fact by many.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Im a Queenslander an a Manly supporter all my life.I was at the first broncos game which as u know was against us,an the last few years i go to the manly vs broncos games at suncorp.Interesting fact Broncos supporters hate fri night games.I generally sit in the broncos members section in my manly gear an they hate it ,it takes them longer to get to the games an longer home an its all for ratings nothing else,just a unknown fact by many.
Broncos have said before, they prefer Sunday arvo games.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah I can understand how the broncos fans dislike Friday night games but the crowds are still huge . My gripe is the fact that this consistent time slot gives them a 7 day turnaround every week and helps immensely in preparation

It does, and the club itself loves it ( I know I worked as their travel agent for 4 years) BUT the fans hate it , they'd take Sunday arvo in the sun any day!!

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I picked the scum to miss the 8.
Mostly cause I hate them and the parasites so much I couldn't bring myself to choose them. But surely at some point the like of smiff, gronk and Slater are going to break down and when they do they are gone.
Can't wait !!

midsteyne

loyal forever
I just hate any team queeeeeenslaners like,living in paradise has its advantages but we outsiders have to put up with their 4 team sh*t

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Broncos have said before, they prefer Sunday arvo games.

They say that, but the fact that they are getting guaranteed national FTA coverage just about every week regardless means they are laughing all the way to the bank. They still get the highest average home attendance by a long way, and the FTA coverage means that they can charge their sponsors extra for the national exposure.

Don't expect either Nein or the NRL to care that they have created such a lopsided situation. All they care about is the ratings and that makes the bottom line look that much better, which is why I seriously doubt much, if anything, will change when the NRL gets back control of the draw next year.

And that's before you get into the fact that the team has regular 6, 7 or 8 day turnarounds almost every week.

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I picked the scum to miss the 8.
Mostly cause I hate them and the parasites so much I couldn't bring myself to choose them. But surely at some point the like of smiff, gronk and Slater are going to break down and when they do they are gone.
Can't wait !!

Not only you will be rejoicing, I'm sure Laurie Daley will be doing handstands!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They say that, but the fact that they are getting guaranteed national FTA coverage just about every week regardless means they are laughing all the way to the bank. They still get the highest average home attendance by a long way, and the FTA coverage means that they can charge their sponsors extra for the national exposure.

Don't expect either Nein or the NRL to care that they have created such a lopsided situation. All they care about is the ratings and that makes the bottom line look that much better, which is why I seriously doubt much, if anything, will change when the NRL gets back control of the draw next year.

And that's before you get into the fact that the team has regular 6, 7 or 8 day turnarounds almost every week.

The club loves it, the fans themselves hate it!!

I know personally, I did their corporate travel, supporter tours and sponsors travel for 4 years.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know a few Broncos supporters. They love Friday night games. They finish work, get to watch their team play at home pretty much every week.

Always 2 sides to a story....

- Fact is Brisbane benefit ridiculously from a guaranteed Friday night time slot.
- They get more TPA's than any other team.
- They are owned by fox so get to pick and choose their media released stories.
- Being a 1 team town they can make "stuff" disappear.
- Their football department spends more on them than any other team.
- Their the Nrl's cash cow and the NRL treats them as such.

Compared to the Eagles they are gifted everything and should have won more premierships than 0 in the last decade.

There's some fans who like the Fridays, the ones who work in the city and just walk to Caxton Street after work, but I assure you the bulk of their members actually prefer Saturday and especially Sunday arvo.

I spent 4 years talking to them and it was a recurring theme.

The management however loved it, for all the reasons you mention!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12