Does Warren Ryan have it correct?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmm, I don't know about that. At the moment proabably yes.

However in reality no because Monaghan is leaving may aswell give next season's lineup as much time as possible.

not sure if he is sober enough long enough to get anything right..

id prefer Monaghs / Orford 6 and 7 either way it doesnt matter. Ballin 9, Burns bench for some spark later on.

Initial thought is no, but don't really have a good reason for it

Can't see Orford taking the relegation well and would he keep his interest in the position ?
Probably doesn't have the defence for the position either

Well even if it did work (which I doubt) what is the point with only 9 rounds left. If we are going to play Monas at half we might as well drop Orford altogether and leave Ballin at 9. Or maybe start Orford on the bench and shuffle Monas and Ballin around him.

We bought Orford as a halfback, and he doesn't strike me as one that would slot into hooker depsite the fact that many of his compatriots end up in the 9. I think the defensive work would tire him out too much as he is a little smaller than others who have made the switch.

Anyway it'll only solve short term, what are we going to do next year without Monas if we turn Orford into a hooker.

I can only surmise that the guy is playing injured, because he just doesn't seem to be giving it 100%. Might be worthwhile resting him for the Rorters game, especially with the SOO guys back.

I can only surmise that he is crap, playing crap and is beyond a joke how much crap is dished up by him and is just excused because "oh well we are 2nd" and "I'd rather this team than 2004".

Maybe he can go to England as well, stick Mark Friggin Bryant at halfback, the big lummox reckons hes got a Benji sidestep and thats where Sheens is putting him when he comes back from England.

Orford you are Junk..

Yes Wok......that suggestion sure sounds like the sort of approach to provide stability & moving a team forward with confidence.

Hic.........thanks Shwok....yoush ish sooo shmartypantsh saboutueur...........hic ! :drunk:

Monnas is going to the Uk so no point in putting him at 7 because ox is Manly's preferred option there whether we like it or not.

I expect Groom to be fast tracked next year with the expectation that ox will be allowed to leave for the Uk (or wheerever) at the end of 2008. That should free up enough money to buy a couple of good first grade players.

I have suggested this in the last week. I see the long term side effects but I think for the sake of 2007 it is worth a shot.

Who knows, Matty might take it as a relegation (as you would) and it might spark him into action??

Des could let him know that for the moment your being shown up by a bloke who has a desire to play 7. You go play 9 for a week or two and if you show nothing you will be dropped.

He could sh!t himself and start firing???

I think our best bet of winning the comp this year will be with Monoghan at 7. Maybe they could interchange or something??

It's bloody frustrating. The ideal bloke for 7 is playing like dog crap and the bloke who is playing well and wants to play 7 is pissing off to england next year.

Would anyone consider Monas 7, Orford 6?

It would leave the long kicking to Monas, as well as taking most of the pressure off Ox.

Ox's best assets are taking each player as it unfolds in front of him. Monas has definately been the better organiser and leader of the two this season.

Let Monas control the game from 7, and give Ox the freedom to take one play on when it suits him rather than having to touch the ball every tackle.

This still allows Ballin to start at hooker. Burns utility.

Orford at hooker would be sh*thouse.

Fark something has to be done and like yesterday. And as for the 4 pt lead that we currently have over Parra, and the Cowboys. It should be a big wake up call for the Eagles. We must beat the Rooters this weekend and we must put them to sleep early.

Yep, if we want to get even the slightest bit of respect back we need to put 50 past them.

Ryan has been trying to sabotage Manly for the best part of thirty years.

Here is another example.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4