Does old Parra hate reignite in 2015??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I start by saying I was 1 of the suffering Manly fans of the 80's....a dominant team of superstars who were only Parramatta away from at least 2 more premierships in 1982-83 & they were our arch enemy.
In recent years the Eels have struggled so much I have almost gone from hate to pity, though I believe this happens when you no longer fear a team, which is why I love opposition supporters hating Manly - its a sign of respect.
Imo without Hindmarsh & Hayne over the past decade they would have more wooden spoons than Chef Ramsey!!
The loss of Hoppa after 2011 was forgotten due to his absence from the game but this Watmough defection seems to have added much more fuel for many reasons....its a game I feel will have fireworks & could bring back rivalry that had faded since those games long ago.
For mine the Bulldogs are on top of the hate hit list with Roosters & Souths who now have supporters again....but those slimey Eels, I can feel plenty of the old tension rising leading up to 2015.

Not so much. We are a heavy weight, so our arch rivals tend to be other heavyweights (like The Storm). Parramatta are bottom feeders, so they can challenge the likes of Canberra & others.

The whining worms will always be our enemy.You will never see a greater contrast of how a clubs culture is.

Our culture is built on football played with toughness and flair and defiance, theirs is built on whinging, self delusion and under achievement.

Always great to hammer them, no matter when we play them.

If indeed he does go to whingerland the club should consider releasing him straight away, we only want committed players at the club.

They can sign as many of our players as the want but they will never have the fabric that is our club!!

Ryan said:
Not so much. We are a heavy weight, so our arch rivals tend to be other heavyweights (like The Storm). Parramatta are bottom feeders, so they can challenge the likes of Canberra & others.

Spoken like an ex bears supporter. I was at both the 82 and 83 grand finals and I clearly despise the eels. The thread title speaks of "reigniting the hate" and the original posts speaks of the "arch enemy". I agree that rivalry should be between equals. The eels aren't our equal but they are definitely the enemy in my eyes.

Hated them more than I ever hated the the bears. :)

I still hate the bears.

Frank said:
Reignite - are you serious? The flame had never been extinguished.

This.

Always been my most hated. Storm and Dogs have always been class acts compared the Eels.

CEO getting charged with not paying for groceries at Woollies says it all.

Is there a team we are not supposed to hate?

Soufs - The so called pride of the league can go f them selves
Dogs - Have no culture so they tried to buy ours....do not get me started on the super league...and 95
Roosters - brown paper bags anyone?
Bongos - super league and Friday night monopoly....but remember they are always treated poorly
Dragqueens - They are a merger but not when it suits them (such as the record books...but the games beaver played for the northern eagles do not count)
Warrios - Kiwis (sorry KE)
Eels - Where to start with them? 82,83 and the moaning over the supposed "conspiracy" over the 7 tackle try
Cowgirls - They were "robbed" in a game by us even though we beat them by more than one try...
Panfers - They took kitey from us (and i was at game in the 80's where they beat us for a playoff for 5th)
Sharks - that game where they smashed us...but i have to admit they are pretty funny
West Tigers - Farrah
Storm - Cheating super league salary cap scum
Titans - Soulless club who cheated us out of more than one game
Raiders - Cheating super league salary cap scum
Knights - 97 drug cheats

And that is just off the top of my head

^^^ There's alot of hate there Iszzy.
You have got to chill a little & feel some
love, bro.

lsz said:

Dogs - Have no culture so they tried to buy ours....do not get me started on the super league...and 95
Bongos - super league and Friday night monopoly....but remember they are always treated poorly
Dragqueens - They are a merger but not when it suits them (such as the record books...but the games beaver played for the northern eagles do not count)
Eels - Where to start with them? 82,83 and the moaning over the supposed "conspiracy" over the 7 tackle try
Cowgirls - They were "robbed" in a game by us even though we beat them by more than one try...
Panfers - They took kitey from us (and i was at game in the 80's where they beat us for a playoff for 5th)
Sharks - that game where they smashed us...but i have to admit they are pretty funny
West Tigers - Farrah
Knights - 97 drug cheats

I have a reason to sledge every other club...except the Warriors. I just can't find any genuine (or false) reason to wish them the worst of luck. Maybe it's the distance which prevents any spotlight on their off-field shenanigans, but on the field (and even against us) I just love watching them play. Even the '11 GF!!!

Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:

West Tigers - Farrah
Knights - 97 drug cheats

I have a reason to sledge every other club...except the Warriors. I just can't find any genuine (or false) reason to wish them the worst of luck. Maybe it's the distance which prevents any spotlight on their off-field shenanigans, but on the field (and even against us) I just love watching them play. Even the '11 GF!!!

True it was a struggle...Superleague is the old fall back

Hey - totally understand its us against them & hating every team is part of being a Manly supporter & I quite like it that way.....
Thing is, lets just say - a Manly junior & to many a legend of the club had his nose out of joint & let it be known during 2014, then leaves the club on bad terms & joins a longtime rival ...doesn't add any extra fire to that clash early 2015....well it sure as hell does to me!!

lsz said:
Hamster Huey said:
lsz said:

West Tigers - Farrah
Knights - 97 drug cheats

True it was a struggle...Superleague is the old fall back

Yeah, but they didn't forfeit the first round of 1996, unlike the others. Took the 2pts against the Broncos. The Dogs vs Cowboys match was 'cancelled' with neither getting points.

Maybe the Cap breach found after the change of owners???

I despise every single club and every one of their vile, nasty, spiteful, mean spirited, ill-informed, low-class, leg and knuckle dragging supporters.

The Eel filth are no different to the rest of them.

The very existence of other clubs is a personal insult to me and to every one of you.
If a Parra fan wants to talk up a rivalry, tell him to never speak to you again. He is not your equal and is never to approach you as such.

If one of our own chooses to join any of these vermin of their own accord then they have proven themselves to be no better than the filth they have become.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4