Does membership have rights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just popped in for a quick look before retiring for the evening. (Curses!)

I'm rising early in the morning to head north for the game so (Disclaimer) any debate that may ensue won't realistically be entered into (by me) in the next day or so whilst I'm interstate (Hopefully doing my bit to encourage a win and a Minor Premiership!)

But, I saw this post and did feel that the question raised deserved a (serious) response before I return.

The short answer is "which membership"?

There are benefits associated with most types of “memberships” including those commonly “associated” with the Sea Eagles.

The post above shows a link to the Sea Eagles family so if need be, best you familiarise yourself with who is who and what is what before reading the next bit…

Leagues Club membership benefits range from not having to sign in each time you visit the club… through to draws where you can win many thousands of dollars.

Their website will answer most questions regarding each benefit or promotion.

Sea Eagles membership (as well as the benefits of your money ensuring we still have a team to support!) ranges from discounted match entry, reduced price merchandise, priority access to semi series/GF tickets and also a range of other benefits including discounted travel, functions and events and member only exclusive offers.

Again, the membership team do an excellent job of providing full explanation of the benefits associated with the variety of memberships available to suit most needs.

But (if I'm reading the intent of the post correctly) to answer the question… only membership of the Manly - Warringah Rugby League Football Club (the Football Club) allows a supporter a "voice" at board level.

Disclosure: For those who don't know me - I'm the Chairman of the MWRLFC

I achieved that position by being voted such by the elected board that was voted in by the members (again) in 2013.

The Football Club board is:-
Me
Bob Reilly (Deputy Chairman – former Chairman)
Cliff Lyons
Darrell Williams
Rory Muscat
Chris Jones

We then (as required by the constitution) voted in a Company Secretary (unanimously) Julie Sibraa who is also a Director of the Board

I'm very proud to hold the office and take the position very seriously as I'm accountable (by the ballot box at the next election - end 2015 - or much more importantly) face to face by members who are supporters like me and those of you who are reading this.

There will likely (hopefully) be people that are reading this that will hopefully attest to the work the Football Club has done to represent them as supporters of the club.

More importantly (in the context of the thread) The Football Club has representation on the board of the Manly–Warringah Sea Eagles with two seats (votes) amongst the seven spots.

Whilst two against seven may seem pointless – when you understand that the remainder of the votes are (currently) held by two private owners who influence three and two votes respectively then the FC vote(s) and any coalition allows members a considerable voice.

As was mentioned above, the members also have veto on where we play, what we’re called and what colours we wear.

I know there are many that visit here that have spoken to me at games or trips away or even “out and about” with questions or viewpoints and as FC members I am duty bound to answer them or raise representation on their behalf – I genuinely have no issue with that.

When I begin a question/statement with “Members have requested…” or “I’ve been instructed by a member…” at a Football Club or Sea Eagles board meeting then it’s you asking – not me.

I’m not here to list things or do the big “We are!” – But, to answer the question and to join and have a say – have a look at the club website www.manlyfootballclub.com.au

My email address is [email protected] if you have any questions or want to make a point.

I’m always open to a discussion and will do what I can to help or represent you but it helps big time if you’re a member…

Hope this helps,
GO MANLY!

vidmar said:
As was mentioned above, the members also have veto on where we play, what we’re called and what colours we wear.
Aha, I forgot about that! So ... why didn't you veto the team wearing Parra colours during superhero round??

(just joking)

Enjoy Townsville, I can't believe I haven't made a trip this season, will have to make up for it with several next year.

@Dan @jethro

Maybe @vidmar 's reply could be posted (not necc stickied) under some sub forum (like the mw footy club one above) so it's more permanent and easily found?

Maybe it is (then lol@me), but I've seen bob post this lengthy response a few times now and it'd be good to help other members out by quickly pointing them to the right spot, rather than Bob feeling obliged to type the response out.

But I don't want to suggest things that cause unnecessary work for people (like reading my posts.....) as I know computer people love it when mortals ask for 'buttons and such.'

globaleagle said:
@Dan @jethro

Maybe @vidmar 's reply could be posted (not necc stickied) under some sub forum (like the mw footy club one above) so it's more permanent and easily found?

Maybe it is (then lol@me), but I've seen bob post this lengthy response a few times now and it'd be good to help other members out by quickly pointing them to the right spot, rather than Bob feeling obliged to type the response out.

But I don't want to suggest things that cause unnecessary work for people (like reading my posts.....) as I know computer people love it when mortals ask for 'buttons and such.'

I agree, ours is a complicated structure and the question gets asked often, needs to be put somewhere and then referred to when needed.

I'm on a tablet so I know it often isn't the same as on a laptop or notebook. On this site's home page is the heading Memorial Page with a drop down that links to http://www.silvertails.net/5371/membership-information/

I'm happy to update it further with any info vid wants. @vidmar

Dan will have to look at maybe making it easier to find.

ManlyBacker said:
I'm on a tablet so I know it often isn't the same as on a laptop or notebook. On this site's home page is the heading Memorial Page with a drop down that links to http://www.silvertails.net/5371/membership-information/

I'm happy to update it further with any info vid wants. Dan will have to look at maybe making it easier to find.

So it is on the site....so yes, indeed lol@me.

If I see anyone asking in the future, I'll direct them here.

S'funny as I saw the sub forum, clicked on it, but obv didn't follow it all the way through!

Thanks!

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney present during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights?"

globaleagle said:
ManlyBacker said:

I'm happy to update it further with any info vid wants. Dan will have to look at maybe making it easier to find.

So it is on the site....so yes, indeed lol@me.

If I see anyone asking in the future, I'll direct them here.

S'funny as I saw the sub forum, clicked on it, but obv didn't follow it all the way through!

Thanks!

Yeah, as it is, it currently could be easily overlooked. It needs to be a drop-down sub-menu under the 'MW FOOTBALL CLUB' title to get your direct attention.

On a side note @"Dan", is there a way to get the Forum top menu to be like the Homepage top menu by using the maroon background colour so that the white writing appears instead of a blank box that appears now?

SilvertailsForumMainMenu.jpg

Forum Top Menu

SilvertailsHomepageMainMenu.jpg

Homepage Top Menu

It's an issue with the integration and a cross over between CSS variables I'll take a look at it during the week

I wonder if @vidmar or anyone has a 'flow chart diagram' in an MS Visio kind of way to explain the relationship and ownership of the various entities. Cause that's what its gonna take for me to understand it all, get it clear in my mind how it all fits together OR NOT.

The http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/index.php/mwse-family has everything detailed.

The 'Reports' Section enables you to view/download the Annual Reports. This also has everything.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6