Does Manly have the Best Young guns ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I say Yes....

There are many talented players coming through and recently have been polls on Top 20 young guns involving talent from every club in the NRL...and the list is long and strong.

Thing is, Manly have done great things with the recruitment and Scott Fulton has been super in this capacity and has good support around him and many eyes of Quality talent scouts(far and wide), who are doing their job well.

The names of Koula, Ben T, Weekes and the Fainu clan are certain potential Stars and add Alec Tu'itavake who I really rate, but we all know the ride to the Top is far from talent alone and will need the right guidence and most importantly, be accountable within themselves to make good choices and cash in on their ability.

The Best part is in all grades from SG Ball Cup, Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup and Harold Matthews Cup we have many other youngsters who right now, are absolute standouts and potentially can go far.....would go as far to say, this may just be the strongest crop of youngsters at Manly in a long time, which sets an exciting future.

At NRL level with the break neck pace of the modern game, it's integral to have quality youth and that physical speed....mental speed ala Andrew Johns will always have an important place, but I feel the impact of the speedy, fit, athletic type players is at an all time high....and we have a BIG bunch of exactly this....and the 1 addition of young Bullemor again represents we are setting up a LONG term strategy for success at Manly....already had 3-4 new rookies last as further evidence.
This is a young mans game, not to say the old heads can't play a part, but the game has evolved where the sides with the quick energetic play the balls, defensive line speed and the ability to maintain high level game tempo the longest, will set the platform for victory.

Maybe I'm a little maroon and white eyed on many topics, but I am confident our junior base and players on the cusp of NRL success not only match, but exceed every other team across the NRL - whats the thoughts ??
Ask these blokes:
0D00E094-C56B-482F-B161-DD3015369CAD.jpeg

I hope Hoppa is one of those players that signs elsewhere.
I don't care how talented he becomes the old man will in his ear demanding the world, not worth the hassle.
Went for the Canberra dream, turned out to be a nightmare, no way Des will be bringing back Albert, as fatty would say he's goooorn !!

Went for the Canberra dream, turned out to be a nightmare, no way Des will be bringing back Albert, as fatty would say he's goooorn !!
I had to re-read that,
I thought you were calling him ‘Fat Albert’

I too hope he finds a club. I’m just curious to see how he turns out as a footy player after all that initial hype.

Is he in Canberra lower grades? Or was he cut all together?

I had to re-read that,
I thought you were calling him ‘Fat Albert’

I too hope he finds a club. I’m just curious to see how he turns out as a footy player after all that initial hype.

Is he in Canberra lower grades? Or was he cut all together?
Good question R3, might end up playing with Zac Sandler in the local Canberra comp ?

I hope Hoppa is one of those players that signs elsewhere.
I don't care how talented he becomes the old man will in his ear demanding the world, not worth the hassle.
Any one that does not demand the best for them selves does them selves a gross disservice
Des did when he left us and went to the dog$ .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4