Does Manly have the Best Young guns ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I say Yes....

There are many talented players coming through and recently have been polls on Top 20 young guns involving talent from every club in the NRL...and the list is long and strong.

Thing is, Manly have done great things with the recruitment and Scott Fulton has been super in this capacity and has good support around him and many eyes of Quality talent scouts(far and wide), who are doing their job well.

The names of Koula, Ben T, Weekes and the Fainu clan are certain potential Stars and add Alec Tu'itavake who I really rate, but we all know the ride to the Top is far from talent alone and will need the right guidence and most importantly, be accountable within themselves to make good choices and cash in on their ability.

The Best part is in all grades from SG Ball Cup, Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup and Harold Matthews Cup we have many other youngsters who right now, are absolute standouts and potentially can go far.....would go as far to say, this may just be the strongest crop of youngsters at Manly in a long time, which sets an exciting future.

At NRL level with the break neck pace of the modern game, it's integral to have quality youth and that physical speed....mental speed ala Andrew Johns will always have an important place, but I feel the impact of the speedy, fit, athletic type players is at an all time high....and we have a BIG bunch of exactly this....and the 1 addition of young Bullemor again represents we are setting up a LONG term strategy for success at Manly....already had 3-4 new rookies last as further evidence.
This is a young mans game, not to say the old heads can't play a part, but the game has evolved where the sides with the quick energetic play the balls, defensive line speed and the ability to maintain high level game tempo the longest, will set the platform for victory.

Maybe I'm a little maroon and white eyed on many topics, but I am confident our junior base and players on the cusp of NRL success not only match, but exceed every other team across the NRL - whats the thoughts ??

I say Yes....

There are many talented players coming through and recently have been polls on Top 20 young guns involving talent from every club in the NRL...and the list is long and strong.

Thing is, Manly have done great things with the recruitment and Scott Fulton has been super in this capacity and has good support around him and many eyes of Quality talent scouts(far and wide), who are doing their job well.

The names of Koula, Ben T, Weekes and the Fainu clan are certain potential Stars and add Alec Tu'itavake who I really rate, but we all know the ride to the Top is far from talent alone and will need the right guidence and most importantly, be accountable within themselves to make good choices and cash in on their ability.

The Best part is in all grades from SG Ball Cup, Harvey Norman Tarsha Gale Cup and Harold Matthews Cup we have many other youngsters who right now, are absolute standouts and potentially can go far.....would go as far to say, this may just be the strongest crop of youngsters at Manly in a long time, which sets an exciting future.

At NRL level with the break neck pace of the modern game, it's integral to have quality youth and that physical speed....mental speed ala Andrew Johns will always have an important place, but I feel the impact of the speedy, fit, athletic type players is at an all time high....and we have a BIG bunch of exactly this....and the 1 addition of young Bullemor again represents we are setting up a LONG term strategy for success at Manly....already had 3-4 new rookies last as further evidence.
This is a young mans game, not to say the old heads can't play a part, but the game has evolved where the sides with the quick energetic play the balls, defensive line speed and the ability to maintain high level game tempo the longest, will set the platform for victory.

Maybe I'm a little maroon and white eyed on many topics, but I am confident our junior base and players on the cusp of NRL success not only match, but exceed every other team across the NRL - whats the thoughts ??
I say fcking oath we do

Congratulation to all the Great people at our Great club for being responsible in Securing the best future Sea eagles

I say Yes....

Agreed - although Ben T has to show much more this year when he gets the chance.

I say Yes....

So many great youngsters coming through. I can't recall another period like it. It even surpassed the crop of DCE, Foran, JWH, and Buhrer. Scott Fulton has done an incredible job. Now we need to find a way to keep the best of them.

Would love to some of them on the field this year, burbo outside shoe like they played in juniors, koula on DCEs side with Saab. Humphries maybe as a backup hooker

Last edited:
Hope so. Hard to tell when they have had so little football. Hoping against all odds we get a full season in all grades this year. (Am I dreaming?)

Here we are at the time of the year where we can only see our own players and none of the other teams. Bliss
I get what you are saying and you do make a good point

But we do have lots of exciting Manly talent to marvel on

1642039088666.png

Agreed - although Ben T has to show much more this year when he gets the chance.
Only a few games in but I do agree....the hard part BT...is following after his 2 Superstar Brothers....would be like a singing competition and you are next up after Mariah Carey :whew:

Last edited:
Keeping quality juniors is the trick, especially when there is a club like Easts who have a a Cap more stretchable than a condom, and Canterbury who'll buy anybody. We are, however, in a good position Cap-wise with two of our expensive signings -- Kapow and DCE -- set to leave/retire over the next two seasons, thus freeing up a big chunk of cash to upgrade our better players.
We'll still have Turbo and Jurbo on big salaries but they are actually good value when you consider what other clubs would pay for them.

What I really love about the club is that we are focussing a lot on our junior teams and they are regular finalists and winners these days. This started in 2015 under Dave Heath and has continued on through the Holden Cup 2017 win and further wins in the Matthew Cup.

The continuity is only going to benefit us and for me the one thing we need to improve on is our relationship with Blacktown to ensure that these kids are nurtured and given the chance to succeed before they come into first grade.

The blue print is there. The talent we have is amazing and its an exciting decade ahead if we keep doing the basics at junior level and recruit shrewdly!

So many great youngsters coming through. I can't recall another period like it. It even surpassed the crop of DCE, Foran, JWH, and Buhrer. Scott Fulton has done an incredible job. Now we need to find a way to keep the best of them.
Man !!...this is a far cry to what we had to put up with in the dark ole days of Trendy Trent, I can't remember a time when I was so depressed. Last years efforts was a huge shot in the arm (and i don't mean the vaccine) for us as fans and the club. Theirs an air of expectation around Narrabeen these days,... can't wait !!

Getting all these guys in together early and giving them a taste of the success they can achieve if they stay together puts the club in a fantastic place to retain as many as possible down the line. Exciting times indeed.

I think the last time we had such a crop, who by the way were actual juniors was in the mid 90s where Bozo was the coach and we saw Menzies, Dunford, Elsegood,Daniel Gartner, Hancock, Hopoate, Chris Ryan, Toovey supplemented by imports Cunningham, Kosef, Moore. Matched with experience aka Cliffy Spud, Cement, Tezza, John Jones. Ridgy et el ..we were strong

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4