Does anybody realistically think we can beat the Sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
We haven't won at Endeavour/Ronson/Caltex/Shark etc Park for Eons and despite our good forms I am predicting that we will go down.

Is anybody with me? If not, how are we going to do something that no other Manly team has been able to do?

I will tip the Sharks as I think with our 3 origin players backing up it will be too big an ask to win at Shark Park (I tipped the Tiggers to win last week as well so hopefully my judgement will prove to be just as accurate this week)

Looking at both teams we should win however history is against us and with the home ground advantage the sharks should win.

However having said that if our forwards get on top of them I can see Bell, Stewart, Hicks and Orford cutting them up

I am going to pick the boys to win this weekend.

Although my tipping is terrible at the moment, last week I only got 1 game correct (ours).

We neve r seem to perform over there. :bdh:

Don't think we'll win. If we do we really are Grand Final material

Why did the 'flogged horse' appear in the middle of my reply??????

You left the characters for it in the middle of the word never. Fixed now!!! CW

I am going to pick the boys to win this weekend.

Although my tipping is terrible at the moment, last week I only got 1 game correct (ours).

:clap: :clap: Now I know I must know twice as much as you about footy Garts. I got 2 last week us and Souths :((

I hate going to Shark Park and have had a number of unsuccessful visits going back to around 1994. Last time (2004) I swore I'd never go back. Thank god I didn't go last year.
Away ground hoodoos are interesting things. Short term they don't hold much water but 19 years (or whatever it is) is not just an unlucky coincidence. Similar to the Broncos at Brookie (which goes back to the early '90s).
Each year the mental hurdle seems to get bigger
How the team performs on Sat. will tell us a lot about how far they have come and whether they can make a noise in the semis. Even a close loss in a high quality match will be an advance on previous years.

I beleive that we can win this match but if Hampstead continues the trend of not penalising the ruck play, Cronulla will benefit far more than us.

Des should give BK the express challenge of leading the team in ending this hoodoo.

i remember Eoin Crossan running past Jack Elsgood one night, especially embarressing as i was on the fence and told him in no uncertain terms what i though of his footballing ability!

we wont win unfortunatly but this year is our best chance for a long time.

ill be tipping the sharks so im either right or pleasantly suprised.

Apparently we haven't won at Shark Park since 1986...20 years!!!!!

Last game we lost 68 to 6.

Oh dear.

In 2006, Manly have broken a 12 year drought against The Panthers @ CGU stadium. In 2006, Manly have scored more points in one half of football against The Bulldogs (away), than we have in almost a decade. We have won in 2006, when the stocks have been depleted against The Tigers & The Storm. We have come from behind to secure victories on numerous occasions in 2006, in comparison to recent seasons. We have appeared to overcome the “night” factor that has haunted us in previous years.

That said, there are a number of players either injured, sacked or suspended for The Sharks.

Ben Kennedy is playing every game like it is his last, and will be demanding that effort from everyone.

Manly have a point to prove after least years smashing at the hands of those filthy vermin. Jason King in my opinion, will be going out to make amends on a performance he himself would rate as his worst last year.

A number of our players are reaching their peak, and I believe we have steel in defence. Remember, we only had 12 put on us last week, against a near full strength Tigers pack, who are renowned for their X-factor.

We seem to be winning, even when effort is not 100%. Imagine what the team could do if they put in an 80 minute, 110% effort one week !!! That could be this week !!!

Manly by 14

Jason King in my opinion, will be going out to make amends on a performance he himself would rate as his worst last year.
It would go down as the worst ever performance by a prop in any game, ever!!!!

Ryan - where do you get your optimism tablets - I need some???? A few weeks ago we were gone, never to win again and now we are specials at Shark Park!!!!!!!!!

In 2006, Manly have broken a 12 year drought against The Panthers @ CGU stadium. In 2006, Manly have scored more points in one half of football against The Bulldogs (away), than we have in almost a decade. We have won in 2006, when the stocks have been depleted against The Tigers & The Storm. We have come from behind to secure victories on numerous occasions in 2006, in comparison to recent seasons. We have appeared to overcome the “night” factor that has haunted us in previous years.

That said, there are a number of players either injured, sacked or suspended for The Sharks.

Ben Kennedy is playing every game like it is his last, and will be demanding that effort from everyone.

Manly have a point to prove after least years smashing at the hands of those filthy vermin. Jason King in my opinion, will be going out to make amends on a performance he himself would rate as his worst last year.

A number of our players are reaching their peak, and I believe we have steel in defence. Remember, we only had 12 put on us last week, against a near full strength Tigers pack, who are renowned for their X-factor.

We seem to be winning, even when effort is not 100%. Imagine what the team could do if they put in an 80 minute, 110% effort one week !!! That could be this week !!!

Manly by 14

8| wtf

I think someone has hacked into Ryans account admin.

[quote author=Ryan]

Jason King in my opinion, will be going out to make amends on a performance he himself would rate as his worst last year.

Ryan - where do you get your optimism tablets - I need some???? A few weeks ago we were gone, never to win again and now we are specials at Shark Park!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I beg to differ. Last year I was a bit spasmodic due to Manly's atroucious effort at the back end of the season. This year I have been quite positive, and confident.

I don't know where you get off trying to deflate someone who is being constructive and supportive. Oops, hang on, I remember now....your religious. Can't you think of something else to bring up every time I make a positive comment, instead of trying to rally the troops??

Mate - I'll lend you those optomism pills, when my "values" adhere to a hollier than everyone" attitude. !pray: !pray: !pray:

[quote author=Ryan]

Manly by 14

8| wtf

I think someone has hacked into Ryans account admin.

[/quote]

Mate - when the team perform, as they HAVE been, I will always be full of praise. If they don't turn up, I will be disspointed...but that's not happenning of late. :clap:

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
[quote author=Ryan]

[/quote]

I beg to differ. Last year I was a bit spasmodic due to Manly's atroucious effort at the back end of the season. This year I have been quite positive, and confident.

I don't know where you get off trying to deflate someone who is being constructive and supportive. Oops, hang on, I remember now....your religious. Can't you think of something else to bring up every time I make a positive comment, instead of trying to rally the troops??

Mate - I'll lend you those optomism pills, when my "values" adhere to a hollier than everyone" attitude. !pray: !pray: !pray:
[/quote]

I'm waiting for the predictable response Canteen.

"Don't take things so seriously" :blah: :blah: :blah:

Dead set...it's like Days of Our Lives....the story line NEVER changes.... :roll:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4