Do You Know of Rich Manly Fans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We know the advantage of 3rd party money. It would increase the chances of holding onto more of our boys. I'm sure the club has investigated but perhaps you may know a stinking rich business owner who loves Manly and would contribute. I don't know many but post here anyone you feel may be a possibility.

I can only think of -

Hugh Jackman
URM (can owners be 3rd party?)
The Penns
Perhaps some real estate/property moguls on the beaches. Ray White, Belle, LJ Hooker - do any of them love Manly??
Are there any entrepreneurs in mining, trade or sales who are rich and love Manly?
Any law firm owners?
Any drug dealers who are rich and love the Eagles?
Any media chiefs?
What about the owner of the Newport Arms?
Or people who live in multi million dollar homes at Palm Beach and Bower st? I live on Bower st but I ain't rolling in cash.

I know times are tough for Joe Average but rich people are out there and they could be Manly fans. We want your money

Owners or sponsors cannot be a party to a third party arrangement, it all has to be at arm's length from the club, and the player has to be actually involved in a form of employment with the third party guarantor, eg promoting products.

Peter C said:
Owners or sponsors cannot be a party to a third party arrangement, it all has to be at arm's length from the club, and the player has to be actually involved in a form of employment with the third party guarantor, eg promoting products.

That makes sense. I'm sure a few highly paid function appearances could be organised

Clint said:
Tony Abbott

Unsure if he is rich enough. If we're talking politicians I'm thinking Eddie Obeid kind of rich

Actually the Brisbane Broncos were complaining that because they have so many sponsors, it diluted their number of third party sponsors, go figure.

The "Eagles Nest" retention Fund.
Have a retention party each year where these lucky players get talk to us/sponsors and members clients maybe...Promotion Day...Charities

Set up with money from
1. A Listers as above
and
2. Members/supporters wanting to tip in....... 3 categories
a)$1000 per year - Gold
b) $500 per year - Silver
c) $250 per year - Bronze

I don't know but we gotta do something or the Dogs, Rooters and Broncos will get all the best.....

Peter C said:

It is the most complicated and strange arrangement I have ever come across. On one hand it is not associated with the club, but on the other hand lockyer could be on say $300k at the broncos, and have $450k in third parties (ballpark figures), meaning he had income that was appropriate for a player of his quality, but a small contract. Nothing to do with the club of course. It's like a monty python sketch.

Shoe1 said:
Peter C said:

It is the most complicated and strange arrangement I have ever come across. On one hand it is not associated with the club, but on the other hand lockyer could be on say $300k at the broncos, and have $450k in third parties (ballpark figures), meaning he had income that was appropriate for a player of his quality, but a small contract. Nothing to do with the club of course. It's like a monty python sketch.
And that is exactly what was happening there, from memory i think he was on the books for $250,000

But was doing (and still is) a LOT of advertising for companies up here, you can bet that much of that was TPA income.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6