Do We Really Think Manly will Win the Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Looking at the Poll to the left it would seem that Brisbane are the overwhelming favourites for the Premiership with 53% of the current vote.

What amazes me is that 32% have indicated the Sea Eagles as likely winners. I have maroon and white eyes but even I can't seriously think we are going to win the Premiership. (I do have a respected friend who thinks we are starting to assume a Penrith 2002 like persona) To rate s as 39 more votes likely to win than the Rorters or Dragones seems incredible to me.

Who really thinks we are going to win and why?????

If they can get a home final and have a good win then I wouldn't say it's out of reach. If they finish in the bottom half of the 8 then I don't think they have a chance. Anything can happen though.

I think a lot of Manly supporters would be content just to finish in the top 8 , after the last few years.

I personally would like Manly to achieve a top 4 position which would result in a home semi final. From there , anything can happen.

I am hopeful that the Bulldogs will miss the top 8 , otherwise if they scrape in for 7th or 8th , they are a team that will be hard to beat in big matches.

i dont think we can do it, i would love to be proved wrong though.
Our only chance would be to finish 1 or 2 get a home final at brookie and then make it to the second last weekend
from there it only takes two wins in a row and anythings possible.

My head says no, my heart says yes.

Ugh. Im sorry Ill go throw up now that I said that.

I can see that we could be thought to be in the second tier, the broncos are deserved favourites, but we are looking as good as anyone. If there are enough manly fans the guys play well.

There is no way the cowboys last year would have been considered a chance of getting near the GF but look how close they got.

Our away form is not the worst in the comp, our home form the best. If we make the top 4 we only need to win 2 away games in a row to win. Not out of the question, as we should have learned anything is possible this year.

I agree Fluffy. It is hard to believe that you would put a year down to one or two men, but if BK (in particular) and BK2 are there at finals time we have a shot. It doesn't look like we would win out wide but a dour mid-field struggle, great defence and dominating forwards could see us go all the way. If they keep winning and have that confidence of anything is possible they can do it. I took 66-1 and then 70-1 at the beginning of the year so I hope so.

No, I dont think we can win it. Even the most one eyed, rose coloured glasses wearing Manly fan would find it hard to tip Manly for GF glory in 2005.

I will not say it is impossible, Panthers 2003 is the prime example of why I will not say this. Maybe if Alberts lives up to his raps and our halves in improve. You never know!!! A couple of big IF's though.

I voted for brisbane the first 2 times, then manly the next time. Then i would look at cowboys parra and the dragons as all good chances.

Parra as much as i hate to say it have a decent team that is lacking experience playing together, if they find that, then they are certainly possibilities.

I stopped believing in miracles when I found out that the tooth fairy myth was a fraud.

Ufnortunatley we will not win a comp with our current No 6 & No7. You simply have to look out the halves combination of the GF winners of the past few years to see that only teams with high qualty hakves have won the GF.
2004 Sherwin/Anasta
2003 Gower/Campbell
2002 Fittler/Finch??

I just don't believe that as a pairing our current halves are anywhere near the quality of the abovementioned pairs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4