Do we possibly have.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Too many decent players this year?

I know it's only 9's but honestly We look to have way too many 1st grade forwards with the young guys coming thru.

Marty
Levi
AFB
Sirro
Thommo
Jake
Pasenka
Waddell
Jetski
Keppie
Sipley
Olakau’atu
Boyle

Most if not all of those fringe guys would get a start somewhere in the NRL.

Then the backs not as strong but with the likes of
Metcalf
Hoppa
Schuster

The future looks bright if we can hold onto them.

Too many decent players this year?

I know it's only 9's but honestly We look to have way too many 1st grade forwards with the young guys coming thru.

Marty
Levi
AFB
Sirro
Thommo
Jake
Pasenka
Waddell
Jetski
Keppie
Sipley
Olakau’atu
Boyle

Most if not all of those fringe guys would get a start somewhere in the NRL.

Then the backs not as strong but with the likes of
Metcalf
Hoppa
Schuster

The future looks bright if we can hold onto them.

Not to forget Ben T. who could turn into a monster playing in the centres. Very tall, big, surprisingly fast for a big man, strong, good hands and seems to know where to be at the right time. Only a kid at present but he could be anything as he develops.

We definitely do not have too many good players.
Fingers crossed we have enough, and the early signs are good.
But you can't have too many, there will always be good players unavailable just when it counts, so to have competent depth is essential if you want to keep a high ladder position and thereby give yourself a realistic shot at the premiership.

We'd go alright with Schuster and Metcalf as our halves in a few years time. Burbo, Turbo, Hoppa in the backline.

Each time we are successful, we have this same problem ... too many good players. I remember it was exactly like that in 95-97, and then less so in 08-11. The club has a window and hopefully some of these younger players will stay with it to be successful under Des.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4