Do we have anythng to worry about with Matt Ballin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but rugby league is now encouraging and teaching its juniors to strike at their opponents face with the elbow in the ruck area, in order to get a quick play the ball? If this is not the case it will start to filter into the junior game...because Australia's CAPTAIN did that on Saturday without being penalised or cautioned

Lord Eagleton said:
So correct me if I'm wrong, but rugby league is now encouraging and teaching its juniors to strike at their opponents face with the elbow in the ruck area, in order to get a quick play the ball? If this is not the case it will start to filter into the junior game...because Australia's CAPTAIN did that on Saturday without being penalised or cautioned

Not correct!

He has been charged and now will miss ... um ... oh sorry my bad. Carry on...

Brissie Kid said:
Unbelievable...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/rickey_stuart_is_fighting_to_save_his_nrl_coaching_career/P20/

How did Cameron Smith get away with elbowing Ballin 3 times on the weekend? Somehow HE got the penalty and the Storm score off the next play.
What’s made him the protected species he now is? Storms tactics (of lifting in tackles in particular) last Saturday night were disgraceful. And sadly, as usual, it’s completely ignored by all in the media who instead focus on Bellyache crying over a video ref decision (that actually was a try!)
sick_thing of Homebush
Mon 12 May 14 (12:30pm)

(Reply)
Next time Matt Ballin is holding a bloke down by the jersey he might care to think about the possible consequences.
Phil Rothfield

Mon 12 May 14 (12:40pm)
photo_384.jpg

So by applying Mr Rothfield's logic........next time we are playing Cronulla and one of his Sharkies tackles one of our boys and holds on to their ankle for 2.5 seconds too long, our lad can politely lash out and apply a set of studs to the Sharkies face so that they might understand clearly the consequences.:dodgy:

Next time Cam Smith is elbowing a bloke in the face he might care to think about the possible consequences. A penalty to the Storm. Hopefully he's playing Cronulla at the time.

My wife and I were talking about the incident this morning when I told her CS received a grade 1 and will play next week.

Her comments (and she hates the game) said wasn't that the time Melbourne got a goal? (Meaning a try of course but just highlighting her lack of understanding of the game and her lack of enthusiasm pertaining to it.)

She said that was very very wrong and should not go unpunished.

So if the NRL can even alienate non-fans such as my darling wife what is it doing to us die-hards? :mad:

Lord Eagleton said:

Because he didn't punch him. All the NRL cares about are the obvious things mum can see. Mums don't see the sneaky elbows so they are let go and pretty soon NRL will be just like in AFL where no one punches anyone but instead there are elbow shots to players heads all over the place. Well done NRL. Punching was bad but at least it wasn't hidden when two opponents went at it toe to toe.

Brissie Kid said:
Because he didn't punch him. All the NRL cares about are the obvious things mum can see. Mums don't see the sneaky elbows so they are let go and pretty soon NRL will be just like in AFL where no one punches anyone but instead there are elbow shots to players heads all over the place. Well done NRL. Punching was bad but at least it wasn't hidden when two opponents went at it toe to toe.

Lets see how the mums like watching rugby league players get frustrated by all these grub tactics and start head butting each other (which has started to raise it's ugly head again, pardon the pun).

I guess as long as the mums see the captains shaking the referee's hand at the end of the game when they come in to grab the remote back everything will be fine.:s

That resembled UFC, from a storm player, who would have thought...

Grub should have got a grade 3 striking charge. Sets a nice benchmark however, here's hoping CS gets knocked the hell out sooner rather than later.

Greg Bird could be available for Origin 2 if the Titans manage to have his tackle downgraded at the NRL Judiciary. But he'll cop six weeks and the whole series if he's unsuccessful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souths Apisai Koroisau will also challenge the grade of his tackle, while the storm's Ben Hampton has accepted a two match ban for a dangerous throw.

Six other players have gone the early guilty plea and are free to play.

Earlier, Andrew Fifita has defended his Blues teammate, Greg Bird, tweeting "Hahaha Are you serious?? I predict by 2018 NRL will NRTL, National Rugby Touch League".

Meanwhile, NSW and Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen spoke to Triple M following the Sharks 42-24 loss to the Eels at Pirtek Stadium about what he made of the Greg Bird spear-tackle.

"I just can not believe how severe that charge is," he said, on Triple M NRL.

"One of the boys told me the charge and I really couldn't believe it."

Earlier On Triple M

The following players have been charged with offences from Round 9 of the Telstra Premiership. Players have until 12pm tomorrow to enter pleas.

NSW Origin star Greg Bird (Titans) faces a nervous wait at the judiciary, having been charged with a Dangerous Throw - Grade Three. If found guilty he faces up to six weeks on the sideline, and is in danger of missing the opening Origin game in Brisbane.

Triple M's Dan Ginnane said Greg Bird faces a big decision regarding his Origin fate.

"Big decision for Bird. Guilty plea = 2 origins. If he goes for downgrade & loses, out entire series. If he wins downgrade to [Grade 2], [he misses] only 1 origin," tweeted Dan.

While Storm superstars Billy Slater (High Tackle - Grade One) and Cameron Smith (Dangerous Contact - Grade One) have been charged but can escape suspension with an early guilty plea.

Other players facing the judiciary include: Apisai Koroisau - Rabbitohs (Dangerous Throw), Jason Taumalolo - Cowboys (Dangerous Contact), Peter Wallace - Panthers (Dangerous Contact), Sitaleki Akauola - Wests Tigers (High Tackle), Ben Hampton - Storm (Dangerous Throw) and Adam Clydesdale - Knights (Dangerous Contact).

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/5/nrl-judiciary-charges-round-nine-2014/

Update : Apisai Koroisau got off and is free to play the Storm. The storms "super stars" are playing too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6