Diving around the legs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Is it just me or are the scum at it again with a new way to injure players?

Last night it looked like 2 scum defenders would tackle a player then the 3rd would come in late in the tackle around the legs. It happened about 4 or 5 times.

Every team does it but the scum seem to delay the 3rd tackler who tackles around the legs then the tackled player gets bent over backwards.

It could be my hatred for the scum or is it my rose-coloured glasses?

its not netball.

I know the tactic you are talking about but its a hard one to police if the tackled player is still struggling in the tackle.

you know the game you were watching is Rugby league right, and not curling

LOL, I like the thought but reading too much into it I think, most sides do it

player still fighting with 2 players on him so the 3rd comes in to pull the leg up and put them down

Fro link said:
its not netball.

I know the tactic you are talking about but its a hard one to police if the tackled player is still struggling in the tackle.

No-one said it was netball, I was asking if anyone noticed it.

The tackle could look dangerous when the leg tackler aims at the side of the knees

However the Storm were weak and couldnt put out boys down.

maybe a way around it is that we can do what the tigers do and surrender tackle then play the ball quicker.

surrender against the storm and they will eat you alive.

Fighting  for every contest is the only way to beat them, if we dont dominate the ruck it is all over against them.

Yeah, I saw it too Swoop and thought exactly the same thing. The 3rd tackler definitely would come in unnecessarily and late.

I could not believe how much wrestle was involved in their defence as our men hit the ground but they got away with it virtually every time and yet Tallis claimed Manly were flying close to the wind with their tactics. How we lost the penalty count is beyond me and there were at least five penalties for them that were dubious, notably the two in one minute against us for kick related offences. The Matai one was a total joke and could have turned the game on its head. We were primed to score as they were out on their feet but instead they had consecutive sets against us. It was incredibly poor and showed that they were selectively refereeing, only seeing the offences of one team.

CW you deadset have the biggest rose coloured glasses going round. We were holding down for ever in the tackle I am surprised we got away with a lot of what we did

They got a penalty with Matai being accused of running their player off the ball, remember.  Did Lyon receive one when he was run off the ball in their scoring zone, no.  CW, you're right we got the dud deal with hayne and his pathetic sidekick.  And everyone knows Tallis hates Manly.  Do I care? no.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6