Dissapointed but not shattered !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
Yes I am disappointed at Foran joining the eels if all reports are true. But you know what its come as a huge relief that finally a decision looks like its been made and we can get on with things. It just feels like a weight as gone off us the supporters collective shoulders !

The only concern is and its been often written how much will this affect our current season. The facts are we are all humans and somewhere at the back of Foran's mind there will be that feeling of "oh well who cares I'm not here next year " especially if we start having a bad run of results. What affect that will have on the rest of the team who knows but I'm sure it wont be good and that's where this whole negotiation process 12-18 months out is so wrong and so unfair and toxic. Its unfair to the clubs but mostly its unfair to us the supporters who breath and bleed our Club colours and pay good coin to go and watch them and expect them to give 100%.

I don't begrudge players looking after themselves but it should be done at the end of their current contracts not before and in between. NRL take note !!

I think and I hope DCE will stay but if he doesn't then we seriously have a huge problem at the club. How we have left it get to this stage god knows !. I would love to see Management on the front foot either denying or confirming there are problems . At least that way us the supporters wont be kept in the dark as we have been especially over the past 24 months and then we would have an understanding of the issues and how they are going to be fixed. Simply putting your head in the sand wont work !

So if both Foran and DCE go so be it but please, please lets learn something from it and build a new era of Manly dominance , a dominance that is the envy of every other Club and supporters. We certainly will have the cash to do it and with some astute signings the only way is up !!

Unfortunately however this year looks gone and through no fault of us the supporters we will have to sit through & endure lacklustre and de-motivated performances by a few players who obviously did not see a long term future in what is truly a great Rugby League Club. Forever Manly !!

Last edited:
How can this season "look gone"? It hasn't started yet, and we have the best halves combination playing for us.

Can we all just calm the f@#k down and wait to see an official report. Then you can all start suicide threads if he officially announces it. I have a feeling they will both give Manly last say.

I hope you are being sarcastic !

There is no way both Foran and DCE will bleed for their team this year if they are leaving !! Simple fact ! The domino affect will be obvious throughout the whole team !! Morale & attitude will be at an all time low and ability alone wont win matches.

If both choose to sign elsewhere I'm afraid to say we will be top 8 fodder for week one of the finals at best this year with a couple of non finals years to follow.

I'm really pissed off at this pair. How dare they bring down the culture of a club which made them. I understand the lure of extra $$$ but for gods sake I thought what was created in Manly was something very special and they are contributing to bringing it all down in a heap ruining the best backline in the NRL.

Whoever signs elsewhere should be asked to leave before round 1. I don't want to see them in Manly colours playing with half a heart - I want them out, and I want other junior players to get a go. I support Manly because they play angry, they play for each other, and they play for the club. If I see any of the leavers in Manly colours this year it will feel like we are supporting turnstile teams like the Newcastle or the Tigers and I want no part of it. Keeping any off contract players here will only deny the opportunity for a new Manly culture to be fostered so **** em off.

Its a very sad time to be a Manly fan, and no-one will be able to make me feel any different.

NYEagle

Can we all just calm the f@#k down and wait to see an official report. Then you can all start suicide threads if he officially announces it. I have a feeling they will both give Manly last say.

But are they really giving us the last say? or covering there ass on the way out.

This is a good post. Yeah its disappointing that they may be gone and its going to make the task this year a very challenging one.

I just hope from all this the club and team can put a smile back on the faces of the fans and members who have endured an uncertain off season while we have waited for these guys to decide.

The club needs to get on the front foot and put out a committed team who is dedicated to our cause, the club will move on from this.

I am glad that soon all this stuff will be in the past.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6