Disgusting lies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the exception of politicians how can any businessperson walk out on a business contract without their being financial repercussions?
Surely the Penns could sue Twenty for, at least, the costs associated with finding a new coach, the discrepancy in salary of the new coach, the disruption to the club, the 'intellectual property' etc.
If he lures any of our players away or, heaven forbid, absconds with one of our demountables or 'game plans' then there is a price to pay!
If he goes to Penrith then they have the poker machine resources to pay for such a 'transfer' fee.

With the exception of politicians how can any businessperson walk out on a business contract without their being financial repercussions?
Surely the Penns could sue Twenty for, at least, the costs associated with finding a new coach, the discrepancy in salary of the new coach, the disruption to the club, the 'intellectual property' etc.

On the contrary mate, it was mentioned (admittedly by a hack journo) that Barrett is being released a year early by the club. He has 2 years remaining so paying him out for 1 of the 2 remaining years is our compensation, as opposed to paying him for 2 years if we sack him.
Maybe.

Is this official yet, or just Flog Kent posting rubbish.
Can anyone confirm please , I’m
Overseas and can’t get much online where I am

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Is this official yet, or just Flog Kent posting rubbish.
Can anyone confirm please , I’m
Overseas and can’t get much online where I am
Not official as yet but pretty much set to be happening..Kent is on the money with this one.
Trent has only 3 games to go

If he resigns we don’t pay him out.

If we fire him due to poor performance of the tran we pay him.

If we made it clear to him after we did not get the results we wanted that he would not get money spent on more resources, then it’s a master stroke by club officials to get rid of an under performing coach but not pay him out.

I think Michael McGuire will be looking at the coaching job that’s in offer with some intent.

How would the players feel now.They were asked the other day about Baz and they all said they loved him and thought he would see his time out and then Chez comes out and says how much he loved Baz and only wanted to be coached by him, because he thought he was a great coach. Now do the players feel let down and is Chez following Baz out the door. I am getting another migraine just thinking about all this garbage that is and has been happening to our once proud club

On the contrary mate, it was mentioned (admittedly by a hack journo) that Barrett is being released a year early by the club. He has 2 years remaining so paying him out for 1 of the 2 remaining years is our compensation, as opposed to paying him for 2 years if we sack him.
Maybe.
If he has two years remaining and chooses to leave of his own volition then the clubhas no obligation to pay him anything beyond this year.

If he has two years remaining and chooses to leave of his own volition then the clubhas no obligation to pay him anything beyond this year.

Obviously mate, the option was that they made a deal acceptable to both parties. Barrett want's out and the club want him gone. 1 years pay, quid pro quo.

Last edited:
What will happen is that the media will roll out the poor Barrett line and Manly will as usual cop a flogging for our treatment of poor Trenty. Gould will be a saviour for throwing the poor fella a lifeline...

Just once can someone, like say TRENT BARRETT, actually come out and tell the truth.

In fact something JUST LIKE THIS would be good:

"I'd like to tell everyone the truth, I really was committed to Manly for the next 2 years (being the contract I signed in 2016) but the truth is when Ivan Cleary knocked back Penrith on Sat I got a call from Gould within hours, and frankly he's offered me crazy money that I just can't say no to".

Followed by....

"Frankly I could have issued a rushed statement saying I've suddenly decided the facilities at Manly are not up to scratch and threaten to quit, but frankly what's the point of fabricating such a concocted load of lies. Obviously I had no issue with the facilities when I signed in 2016 so why would I now. This has got nothing to do with Manly, I simply can't say no to a MUCH BIGGER PAY PACKET at Penrith next year so I'm going".

But no...... the players, the club and the loyal fans are once again treated like complete idiots.

Lies, damn lies.

TBH every deal has some kind of spin on it in the media. Personally I'm happy he is gone as I feel our club needs a fresh set of eyes over looking the place. Trent has taken to much punishment to see out another 2 years. Best for both parties to part ways.

Forman’s latest letter to members today suggests to me TB is gonski at seasons end. Good riddance!

Hahahaha.

What. Make Des in charge of our whole salary cap ?

I'd stop my membership straight away.
If des is in charge of the cap keep your membership for the early years when we challenge for a title or 2, then cancel it for the backend years.

It’s called front loading your support.

Barrett would have obviously seen our facilities before coming to us,he didn't complain then.
This has an obvious Phil Gould smell about it.
Pressure is on Barrett now if he goes to Penrith
I thought the issue was support staff not physical facilities. He might have a point there.

But at the end of the day he could have the King, Queen and the Messiah (and our own Terry Randall as advisor) and he still wouldn’t achieve much.

He is simply ineffective as a Manly coach despite his good intentions.

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7