Different perspective on Des departure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Just looking at the recent events from a different angle. Mabye Des leaving the club is the straw that breaks the camels back on all the bulls**t that has been going on for years.

Mabye Des legacy is not just 2 pemierships and the development of some amazing footballers, but to cause a ripple effect of change so that the sea eagles have a strong future.

Anyway just a thought.

For that to happen we need credible smart business men and women that not only have an interest in the football side of manly but also are smart enough to know that if they run they need to run the business of the manly leagues club aswell, as both are important in the clubs longterm survival

Maybe just maybe we dont need des, i think about it this way Toovey was a much better player than des in my opinion, he was captain and has been under des for soo long and obviously has been jumping out of his skin to be coach. I'm sure what ive seen of toovey is that he wont be one to go down as a loosing coach hes passionate loves to win and tough. if the players stay and most of the coaching staff including cleal whos to say we become just as good if not better than what we are. Theres always a bright side to things. the world works in cycles just as this does so who knows.

Cyrpriot - you speak Crap. Des built a great culture from virtually nothing and is a most outstanding coach. Being a player and a coach is incredibly different - it has nothing to do with how good you were.

Part of the issue is that Des will leave and take a support team of 9 or so with him. Assistant coach, trainer, analysts, statiticians, recruitment team, skills coach, medical support staff, etc etc are all part of a cohesive unit. Coaching a NRL team is not like taking Curl Curl Under 10s with do a lap around the oval and play 10 mins of touch.

Tooves or someone else may be very good but they will have to build a team from scratch which is no easy task. It is not passion that builds a good coach but a variety of aspects.

I am not saying that we may not be better off but some of the waffle on this site over the last few days is nothing but BS.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6