did i just hear that Joey has come out and said he has been battling drugs for 12 years ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
watching on the Knights Publicity Show at the moment, its like watching a Train wreck.

Still looks off his face!

An absolute beat up.
The bloke is being crucified for having a good time. It's not cheating & Gus Gould is obviously from the old school & has all these ideas in his head that just aren't true.
I just don't understand why it's assumed that he must have problems to want to do it.

Duff, your crazy, Joey is saying he has had problems, not Gus.

If anyone would defend Joey, Its Gus. they are very tight. get your facts rights.

Bottom line is that it is illegal and NRL players sign a code of conduct to refrain from Drugs.

Might not be your thing but if you want to play League at the top level that is your lot.

Sponsors and the media bow to public (though probably hypocritical) standards on these matters. I don't rejoice in his revelations but he is a role model who impacts on the lives of many many young Australians.

Gus is pushing him to offer problems as an excuse.
All he has to say is that he was out for a good time & got nabbed.

He's not the smartest bloke in the world, he's being pushed.

I have no doubt he has problems which contributed to his decisions to use drugs on the odd occasion.

Jesus - all Johns did was have an ecstacy pill to take at a party in the UK. Who hasn't or doesn't let loose occassionally?

Take it easy everyone.

ryno he has just admitted to a 10 year drug and alcahol problem, not quite the one off your alluding two.

not an issue on its own but when you couple this with his NRL contract and admission to taking drugs during the season and avoidong testing, PLUS the fact that his Club knew about the proble, there is a bit of an issue here!

boo hoo i'm sad, i need to get off my tits.

try dealing with a real f@cking job at average wage ya sook.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

At least we don't have to put up with Wally Lewis comparisons any more. Wally has proven to be three times the man Johns is.

boo hoo i'm sad, i need to get off my tits.

try dealing with a real f@cking job at average wage ya sook.

What about having a whole demographic expect you to win a game of footy, so they can feel warm and fuzzy about themselves for a week. Then have NSW or Australia EXPECT you to be the best footballer in the world every time you go out on the field, with others that are supposed to be close to the best.

Also, think about his peer group. The hero worship and the good times versus the bad times. Versus the injury.

Look at Newcastle and how they are reacting to Brian Smith at the moment. They are obviously very passionate and hardenned fans who demand a lot.

I might spruke about OUR guys drinking occassionally. But that's because I demand the best from MY team. But in reality, these young guys are going to do it regardless of how much I dribble on.

I know this is naive, but seriously, how does A Johns hurt anyone else by taking an ecky once and a while? He was STILL the best player the games possibly ever seen. It obviously didn't affect his performance on the park....

Might be the reason he would lose it at the refs though !!! LoL. The come down off those puppies is a real bummer !!! Trust me !!!

I know this is naive, but seriously, how does A Johns hurt anyone else by taking an ecky once and a while?

I think you will find there was quite a bit of substance going up his nose on a regular basis.

Human nature being what it is will mean that whilst he has admitted to "x" amount of substance abuse there is more than likley to be "x +" usage that has occurred that does not now have to be recorded.

Performance enhancing? Nope.

What is the definition of performance enhancing?

If he is taking an illegal substance as an opiate to his phsychological frailties, that IS performance enhancing.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4