Did anyone notice Foran's contact with the referee?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Apparantly Foran is being investigated for making contact with Robinson on Friday night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parker-and-foran-under-scrutiny-as-more-clashes-put-spotlight-on-referee-contact-20110731-1i6h2.html

I noticed it during the game. What was Foran supposed to do? Let the Tigers score because the referee didn't know where to be? or would it have been an obstruction?

Similar to Thurston incident, nothing he could do about it.

I will be interested to see if those who were demanding a Thurston suspension still hold that view not an Manly player is involved.

Foran not being "sighted to appear" blows the old conspiracy theory.

I saw it happen in the game but was unsure who the player was at the time. The NRL has to be careful with these rulings as they introduced the 2 ref system and in there own words there have been teething problems and adjustments

Adding to this on the same night a pass was clearly delivered to the ref who was in the way. It was a slippery night which made movement difficult as well. More day games may help with that

Remember the souffs bloke chisolm, he got crucified, got about 10 or 14 weeks

I wanted Thurston to be banned because i wanted him to miss the 3rd Origin and i'm pretty sure he wishes he missed it too! But also the rule states you must not come into contact with a referee. However, since the precedent has been set, i would expect Foran to get off too.

they thought they needed to bring it up on Super Saturday,mind you they didn't want him to get into any strife,then why bring it up you clowns,these commentators are so bias towards certain teams,its not funny.They had their say about the forward pass and guess what,they all agreed it was ok,especially Wayne Pearce,derr,of course he is going to say it was ok,they put poor Matty Ballin on the spot,of course he cant say a word,I spoke to Max Krilich yesterday and he said the same thing,he isnt worried by the loss,like he said,you cant do anything without the ball

Gee, watching that replay I reckon the ref should be suspended, he walked right in front of Foran, if they scored a try of that then the referees would have to come into question.

The Tigers tried a few times in that match at scrums to run the blind side while making sure to leave the referee between them and the Manly halves trying to cover across.

Robinson got horribly in the way several times on friday. The refs were standing in the attacking line at least twice and once the ball was thrown at them. The closet ref should be well out of the way

No charge.

"Also ruled to have no case to answer were Manly's Kieran Foran and Brisbane's Corey Parker after they made contact with referees during their games on the weekend.

"We felt that on both occasions that the referee got between the player and where the players were heading," McCallum said.

"But it was done at the last minute and there wasn't a period of time where the player would have had a view of the referee ... we felt that both Kieran Foran and Corey Parker made an effort to minimise the contact."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/hall-cleared-of-spitting-by-nrl-committee-20110801-1i7za.html

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6