Did Anyone Else Get a Letter re Game Scheduling?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Late last week I received two letters from the club - one encouraging me to renew my membership and the other from Grant Mayer. It explained the following approach to game scheduling and made good sense. Did others get this or was it only sent to those who have been complaining about Gosford on the website(s)?

I did notice that next year we have two games at NorthPower scheduled though Mayer hinted these could be Monday nights due to Warringah Council and problems at Brookie. Also season tickets will be able to be purchased in 10 game and 12 game lots to cover this.

He also spoke about the lack of sponsor boxes etc at Brookie plus the scheduling by the NRL, saying that we are victims of our own success, getting a lot more Friday night games due to ratings and demand. We have only had two Sunday games at Brookie, though of course there have been others away.

Hopefully the Dragons game in Rouund 25 is a Sunday!!!

Yeah I got it, good to see Silvertail poster Corso Pete got the explanation.

It seemed OK to me, but 2 games at CC next year is a JOKE!

But we all know that the club have no control over scheduling, do they? So how then can they influence the TV masters that they we must have 2 MNF games nest year to satisfy a pre existing contract.

Could someone please explain to me how this can occur, when we could not control the scheduling of the game against the Knights next week?

But we all know that the club have no control over scheduling, do they? So how then can they influence the TV masters that they we must have 2 MNF games nest year to satisfy a pre existing contract.

Could someone please explain to me how this can occur, when we could not control the scheduling of the game against the Knights next week?

It certainly isnt control but do we not have the right/opportunity to request in advance, particular scheduling ?

But therein lies my conundrum.The club have admitted the scheduling for next weeks game is not ideal but the decision what not their's to make. Now it seems we have an ability to schedule 2 MNF games at Gosford. How is that so?

They said they'll "request" the MNF games. But no guarantees.

Pete, did you get the letter ?

But therein lies my conundrum.The club have admitted the scheduling for next weeks game is not ideal but the decision what not their's to make. Now it seems we have an ability to schedule 2 MNF games at Gosford. How is that so?

Who pays the most amount of money to the NRL?
Who pays the most amount of money to The individual clubs by way if certain income?

Answer those two questions, and I think you'll find your answer your looking for.

Pete, did you get the letter ?

Of course I got the f#c*ing letter. It simply raised more questions than it did answers.

A great snow job of blaming previous management in my view. Contracts can be negotiated and re-negotiated. Mayer must have known the displeasure 2 games in one season at Gosford would have brought.

By having the games played on a Moday Night just further alienates supporters by effectivley telling them they unless they want to make some fairly large sacrificies you will not be able to attend. We, Manly know our supporters have been through the mill in the last 7 years so lets screw them even further by making them travel 85km, on a Monday night to watch the team that they support, both financially & emotionally And if once in a season is not enough lets make them do it twice.

Mayer should have stood up to whomever the contract is held with and done a deal that at least eased the pain to Supporters.

With the success that we have enjoyed this year likley to flow onto better season tix sales next season only the bean counters will ever know what the lost 2 games at Brookvale will have cost in additional ticket sales.

[quote author=Corso_Pete]

Who pays the most amount of money to The individual clubs by way if certain income?

Answer those two questions, and I think you'll find your answer your looking for.
[/quote]

I am not stupid Ryan, my question is how can we request 2 MNF games when we couldn't even get next weeks game on a day that was more suitable to Manly. It seems to me that we now have some ability to make requests (or even demands) that were not available to us for next week.

The NRL and the football clubs don't run the game any more - 9, foxtel and newscorp do.

As supporters all we can do it drop our strides and take it with a smile - while at the same time handing over our heard earned money.

The NRL and the football clubs don't run the game any more - 9, foxtel and newscorp do.

As supporters all we can do it drop our strides and take it with a smile - while at the same time handing over our heard earned money.
One of the reasons I refuse to get Fox!!! (To my own loss.)

The game needs to be run by somone who isn't a media company.

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Corso_Pete]

[/quote]

I am not stupid Ryan, my question is how can we request 2 MNF games when we couldn't even get next weeks game on a day that was more suitable to Manly. It seems to me that we now have some ability to make requests (or even demands) that were not available to us for next week.

[/quote]

I'm not suggesting you are Pete. What I'm saying is that your looking at these issues from a disgruntled fans' perspective. It's kind of like micro thinking, and I mean that in a respectful way.

Sure, we "might" be able to change game days. We might be able to give you 100% what you want. But do we upset the power brokers behind the game to do that?

As a club, they are pretty well damned if they do, damned if they don't. Like it or not, when Manly are successful (like they have been in the past 2 years), they are going to get good numbers through the gates regardless.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4