Diary of a NRL Salary Cap Auditor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mon 3rd May: “Went down to Brookie today coz i have a feeling the Seags are up to no good, they have way too many rep players to be above board. Tossed the pill around with Tooves and Lowey, great blokes, Tooves has a hell of a spiral on him. At one stage though Tooves ducked off to the shed behind the grandstand, not sure what he was doing back there, maybe hiding some contracts? Will have to inspect the shed next time i’m up at freshie taking a surf.”

In all seriousness, how can Gallop claim with any credibility that the NRL is better off having Schubert as the auditor instead of Deloitte's, with reason being that Schubert is chummy with the clubs and the club employees might feel more obliged to rat out to him any salary cap shenanigans going on? What kind of an organisation relies on informers to find cap cheaters instead of their own detailed investigations? What a joke.

My daughter, an auditor/corporate tax advisor with one of the big four firms, shakes her head when the issue of NRL auditing comes up.  Shubert is such a dullard.  And so closely aligned with the clubs and the very employer who pays his wages it's a complete joke.  She finds it hard to believe that this situation passes the corporate probity test.     

Wel said DSM5. As someone with an auditing background, I find it all pretty farcical. I forsee some kind of Schuey weekly reality show on Ch 10 where the camera follows him around to the different clubs and records how he goes about his proceedings and findings. It would be very entertaining. “Tune in next week when, while visiting the Broncos Red Hill HQ, Schuey trips over his shoelaces and by mistake falls through a desk, co-incidentall finding a contract showing Lockyer to be receiving an extra $200k in Fox Sports commentating remuneration. All this and more in next week’s episode of ‘Schuey’s Shenanigans’.”

"Tooves has a hell of a spiral on him."

If Schuey can locate a good spiral pass on Tooves then he must be planting the evidence.

You're right about the Broncos Red Hill HQ though - wouldn't there be a few secrets buried around there. You should approach the networks with your idea.

I hope Schubert hasn’t noticed that Manly has the same number of total Rep players on Friday night as the Storm do.

Crusher_Cleal link said:
Wel said DSM5. As someone with an auditing background, I find it all pretty farcical. I forsee some kind of Schuey weekly reality show on Ch 10 where the camera follows him around to the different clubs and records how he goes about his proceedings and findings. It would be very entertaining. “Tune in next week when, while visiting the Broncos Red Hill HQ, Schuey trips over his shoelaces and by mistake falls through a desk, co-incidentall finding a contract showing Lockyer to be receiving an extra $200k in Fox Sports commentating remuneration. All this and more in next week’s episode of ‘Schuey’s Shenanigans’.”

Sheesh mate- that's a bit far fetched.

We all know Channel 9 would have a fit if Channel 10 had anything to do with league  ;D

Gallop's a genius.  We should dump all these firms of overpaid chartered accountants and just hire a couple of retired sheet-metal workers who've done a bookkeeping course to tell us if the accounts look right.  Who needs ACAC, audited accounts, professional training and standards, etc when you have experience with the product, a friendly demeanor and good old fashioned drinking buddies?

Every time Schubert visits Brisbane he goes to Eagle Farm because that's where he believes the thoroughbreds' records are kept. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7