Diamonds in the rough...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The Seaeagles NSW Cup team has performed ordinary in 2014 but there could be a few there with NRL futures.
The obvious 1 imo is Jake T who I expected to break into the 17 already, but is still young & have no doubt Tooves will pick the right time.
Chee kam, Sao, Gutherson & others seemed to have potential but are yet to stamp a place, maybe due to the fact the pack has stepped up in the big games in 2014 making it tough to get a crack.
Not seen a televised game on FOX of the NSW Cup & only 1 Holden Cup game this year, so hard to judge but the younger Trjobovic seems a fullback getting plenty of wraps also.
Anyone seen others worth a mention to look out for as the aging current 1st grade team will certainly change up soon & prefer to keep our own then buy outside if possible.

I don't get to see much at all being up here. I really would have thought (or hoped) Tyson Andrews would have made a fist of it by now. At the start of the year someone watched him in a trial and said his fitness needed work. I hope he can step up into the NRL in the future.

Give him time moz!

A few blokes like Tyson are either in their first year with us, or having their first taste of the NRL (like Tyson).

There's consistent praise for Hodges, Jake and Tom T, Gutherson, Rudolph, and some for the injury-prone Chee Kam.

And regular mention of young Charlie Taylor and Jamil Hopoate too.

Some others here that do get to the games can fine-tune the list I'm sure. But I do wish we could get to see these games.

Ideally I'd watch our two lower grade sides ahead of several 1st grade games, if given the choice.

From the NSW cup games that i have seen . These rough diamonds have to do a lot of more shining before they step up and replace any of the guys that are in the top 17

RiverEagle said:
Give him time moz!

A few blokes like Tyson are either in their first year with us, or having their first taste of the NRL (like Tyson).

There's consistent praise for Hodges, Jake and Tom T, Gutherson, Rudolph, and some for the injury-prone Chee Kam.

And regular mention of young Charlie Taylor and Jamil Hopoate too.

Some others here that do get to the games can fine-tune the list I'm sure. But I do wish we could get to see these games.

Ideally I'd watch our two lower grade sides ahead of several 1st grade games, if given the choice.
Totally agree, prefer to see a full 3 Seaeagles games starting with Holden Cup - NSW Cup - NRL than watching say Newcastle vs Tigers.....
After watching the highlights against Norths both backrowers looked good in attack & the young 5/8 showed some promise.
Keeping in mind it was Norths & only the best plays on replay, still showed good potential which regardless of results, is a positive as there will be a few that get a shot imo.

The bears team we flogged had O'Dare on one wing and the Curtis ? on the other one (I believe we looked at signing him once).

Speaking of diamonds in the rough. I was rather impressed earlier in the year with Ron Alovili. He hasn't got a run since Lauaki got picked up. Not sure if he's still with the club or got cut like O'Dare, but Big Ron could be a diamond with a fair bit of polish.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6