Developers, web freaks and anyone who may know -> help needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Developers, web freaks and anyone who may know -> help needed

Currently the way I source the information for each round in the tipping comp is a quick but complicated process, well in the back-end. I source it from a site and pull that into something the database can read and sort it all out from there. It takes about 2 seconds.

However. Next year the source site is changing its format which makes things fairly difficult for me to pull the data we need.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any XML feeds or anyoen that maintains a csv or similar of the rounds and results of each game?

I need to reprogram anyway so figure I may as well reprogram with something that is a little less cumbersome and does not need to be updated on an anual basis.

So yeah looking for an XML or datafeed somewhere for NRL rounds, results etc if anyone knows it.

I can get the NRL datafeed for the ladder from NRL.com but cant seem to get their rounds feed.

Any ideas/help?

Cheers
Dan

Re: Developers, web freaks and anyone who may know -> help needed

this should help http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1027010

but I didn't thoroughly either read the tread or check the links work

yeah I saw that one, but it looks like only the ladder. I couldn't find a way to pull the fixtures out.

Oh well will just have to stick with my current method and recode

Dan,

I have a spreadsheet which I made that has all results for all games and a table. Haven't hard coded any formulas in it though. I have results going back to 2004.

Hey Dan..

The following site is one I have referenced many times.. One of the best sources of stats relating to RL dating wayyyyyy back in time! :)

No real idea who maintains it, but it always seems up to date + more importantly the format has remained identical for as long as I can remember (many years)..

Main Page:
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/rl_index.html

2010 Season Page:
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2010.html

I don't know of any XML feeds or anything (am assuming if they exist you would probably have to pay for them?), but the above although it may take a bit of work should be the best option for you..

Just use CURL or something along those lines to parse the HTML + you'll be in business..

Michael

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4