Destination USA next in line for NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My relos in Boston have never heard of him either. Aussie media had us all thinking all of America was following him with interest. Not true.
The yanks are so consumed by their own sports that even trying is a waste of time.

Exactly. There are a good number of people in the US who don't even follow the pro sports leagues. A lot get their 'football' fix from their local college or even high school team and the same with basketball. And a lot follow their local Minor League Baseball team more than they do any MLB team. For some, the only time they even watch the big leagues is for things like the SuperBowl, World Series, Stanley Cup or the NBA Finals.

The only people over there who would really know about Hayne are 49ers fans and the media. Oh sure, dedicated NFL fans will know about him (especially those who spend half of their lives playing Fantasy Football), but other than that he's just another foreigner trying to play 'their game'. And since he's with a team that is currently getting its arse kicked on the field, he's a non-event heading to the playoffs.

As for rugby league in America? At a rough guess I would say that 99% of the population wouldn't know the difference between 'rugby' and league. Rugby is that game they play over in England isn't it? And rugby league....what's this rugby league? Hell, most can't believe that we don't play with the shoulder pads and helmets that they do. They think we're crazy (ok, that's true, we are crazy.....but still lol).

Last edited:
My relos in Boston have never heard of him either. Aussie media had us all thinking all of America was following him with interest. Not true.
The yanks are so consumed by their own sports that even trying is a waste of time.
Agree Pablo. 1 of my Mrs cousins in TX is a full on NFL & sports fan & he wasn't aware Hayne was playing but said he'd keep a look out. The other mob were in Nebraska.
I was in Boston in '14, good town, I enjoyed it.
New York City, hmmmm... Not so much.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7