Dessie's back, back again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great post-match interview by Des. Keeping a tight lid on the hype. That's what a five Tim Grand Final coach brings
sack him... he said nothing... he mumbles... he has no idea... he is too old... he is past it... he has no idea which players are any good..... the deathriders all said/say. There is simply no need to give away anything or say anything revealing or interesting in press conferences. Tell then nothing - take them nowhere. Under the radar is ALWAYS the perfect strategy!

With his record and his wanting to stay for multiple years the club should have trusted him and signed him up until end of 2024 no matter what happens this year. Given him a few years to plan to win a comp.

NRL Clubs in general except for a few of them (souths, canberra, roosters, melbourne) make terrible knee jerk decisions constantly. With private owners and no board politics we should be more measured. If we give Des time he will get there. Similar to the Raiders giving Ricky a few years when things werent travelling so well and look where the Raiders are at now.

Ask the Bulldogs what Des brings.
That is the blue print of what an idiot coach can do to a club
What do you refer to sir pete the negative? You mean the 2 GF appearances. The minor premiership. Only missing the top 8 once in 7 years? Im struggling to see your point. But then again i like to look on the bright side and stay poistive.

What we are seeing right now, in terms of improvement across the team, is due to injury driven replacement of players, who are simply not first graders. We have improved out of sight in spite of Des, and not because of Des. What happened today was simply amazing. Absolutely fantastic. It demonstrates how important Turbo (not Des) is to the team. Its great that Des can now take the credit for the teams performance, but lets not forget his total refusal to even look like making the necessary changes, that have been forced upon him. Great performance by the team. Go Manly :)

Des was a great coach. The innovation he brought to the club and the NRL as a whole was incredible. His results speak for themselves. Manly through and through and should be absolutely respected for that. That's the Des I want to see as our coach. What we saw today was a fantastic improvement. Mind-blowing stuff. I hope that Des can get back to his innovative best. I really do. Right now he is still a long way off that. Go Manly.

What we are seeing right now, in terms of improvement across the team, is due to injury driven replacement of players, who are simply not first graders. We have improved out of sight in spite of Des, and not because of Des. What happened today was simply amazing. Absolutely fantastic. It demonstrates how important Turbo (not Des) is to the team. Its great that Des can now take the credit for the teams performance, but lets not forget his total refusal to even look like making the necessary changes, that have been forced upon him. Great performance by the team. Go Manly :)
Again just negative but thats to be expected on this site.
Des can take just as much credit today as the players. I just dont see your point other than you just wanting Des gone which is fine if thats what you want but just say that.
I guess the greatest GF win ever had nothing to do with Des either. Was all just left to the players to turn up and do whatever they felt they wanted.
Again 2 GFs at the dogs and it was all the players.
2019 taking a side that almost had the spoon in 18 and going to within one game of a GF. Nothing to do with the coach.
2020 was also to do with the coach. Good and bad.
Lets go 2021. The season started today

What we are seeing right now, in terms of improvement across the team, is due to injury driven replacement of players, who are simply not first graders. We have improved out of sight in spite of Des, and not because of Des. What happened today was simply amazing. Absolutely fantastic. It demonstrates how important Turbo (not Des) is to the team. Its great that Des can now take the credit for the teams performance, but lets not forget his total refusal to even look like making the necessary changes, that have been forced upon hi
Des can take just as much credit today as the players. I just dont see your point other than you just wanting Des gone which is fine if thats what you want but just say that.
I guess the greatest GF win ever had nothing to do with Des either. Was all just left to the players to turn up and do whatever they felt they wanted.
2019 taking a side that almost had the spoon in 18 and going to within one game of a GF. Nothing to do with the coach.
With one of the most successful coaches in the NRL steering the ship, the next few years present a real opportunity for the club to build towards success. A sixth GF and third premiership would elevate Dessie into the realm of greatness.

Not being negative mate but my perspective on Des's coaching these season hasn't changed because of the last two games. My other post above (Not the one you quoted) is pretty clear on my regard for his past achievements with us. (10 years ago). I would like nothing more than the team going through undefeated from now, due to Des's innovative coaching brilliance. However, that was then, and this is now, and in my view he is a long way off that. I hope he proves me completely wrong, and I look like an absolute fool at seasons end. A Manly GF win means everything. Looking like a dick would mean nothing in comparison to that. Go Manly.

I hope Des still shows the boys the for and against we still have. They went a bit of the way to pick it up off the floor. A long way to go but means little if they fall over again

Many silvertails certainly blamed him for the losses, it only seems fair that he can take credit for the recent wins. I find it laughable that some would accredit the recent better form due to exclusively the replacement players because of injury. We won yesterday’s game off the back of our forwards and had the talent on the field (Tom to a
a large degree) to take advantage of it.

Still of the same opinion after yesterday?
Nope... he was great yesterday... i didn't think he was BAD last week, I just came away going "meh"...

However he was great yesterday... looked good with ball in hand (as I thought he was in a couple of games last year) and his defence, particularly on Fifita, was outstanding...

Many silvertails certainly blamed him for the losses, it only seems fair that he can take credit for the recent wins. I find it laughable that some would accredit the recent better form due to exclusively the replacement players because of injury. We won yesterday’s game off the back of our forwards and had the talent on the field (Tom to a
a large degree) to take advantage of it.
Not going to disagree with your last sentence mate. It's completely accurate. Isn't it great to see what happens when the right forwards are picked in their best positions. @:cool: Even better if we continue to see that happen in the future.

Dessie's back, back again!

We win and it's because injury forced his hand.

We loss and injuries are just an excuse.

Go figure.

Saab catching bombs and making tough runs.

The five time GF coach, and two time premiership winner says hi.

Edit - It wasn't the greatest win of his coaching or playing career - the four premier ships he won as a Sea Eagle trump this victory - obviously.

Maaaaaanly!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4