Dessie's back, back again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your kidding right? I don't think I saw this guy make a tackle. He's one of the worst defenders I've seen. After seeing Harper last night, I'd have the sloth over him any day.
Gotta confess that I was not overly impressed with Harpee in a team effort where i had few complaints...

Couple of poor tackling efforts and at least one drop ball that comes to mind...

Harper made 17 tackles missed 5 and 1 ineffective

Parker made 17 tackles missed 4 and 2 ineffective

Keppie's D was the most suss. 24 tackles missed 4 and 6 ineffective
I di think Keppie was a bit meh...

Didnt think he was bad as such but he just didnt have the impact of our other forwards when in previous games he has showed a bit of mongrel... gotta admit that i didnt notice his missed tackles tho whilst the Harper and Parker ones i did...

Your kidding right? I don't think I saw this guy make a tackle. He's one of the worst defenders I've seen. After seeing Harper last night, I'd have the sloth over him any day.
I really disagree. At one point I saw him scramble to make a much needed tackle, then after the ball was passed/offloaded infield he got off the tackle and scrambled to make that one as well, which I thought kind of summed up his defensive style last night. Our right edge defence was absolutely horrible the two weeks prior with Suli. I think Harper really helped with high effort plays and good agility

Some missed tackles but at least he gets himself in position to slow down the play, lot of improving to do but he will only get better in time.

Gotta confess that I was not overly impressed with Harpee in a team effort where i had few complaints...

Couple of poor tackling efforts and at least one drop ball that comes to mind...
Have to agree, I was surprised to read the praise for Harper, he may added a bit of enthusiasm and talk but thought he was ordinary and didn't offer as much as I thought he would with the ball or D.
I was ore impressed when Funa came on, he looked much better and composed compared to last year.

But lets take the win phew

I di think Keppie was a bit meh...

Didnt think he was bad as such but he just didnt have the impact of our other forwards when in previous games he has showed a bit of mongrel... gotta admit that i didnt notice his missed tackles tho whilst the Harper and Parker ones i did...
Keppie seems to have a good combination with Cust. Most of his good runs have come off Cust passes. As for his defense, honestly, I couldn't comment on whether it's been good or bad this year. before this week defense has been bad across the park and Keppie hasn't particularly stood out one way or the other. His blockbusting runs have been a highlight.

Have to agree, I was surprised to read the praise for Harper, he may added a bit of enthusiasm and talk but thought he was ordinary and didn't offer as much as I thought he would with the ball or D.
I was ore impressed when Funa came on, he looked much better and composed compared to last year.

But lets take the win phew
If Harper keeps his spot, which I kind of hope he will, he might be in for quite a workout in defence this week. The Tits will surely try to aim Fifita at him. And he won't have much experience around him if the second row is Haumole and Saab on the wing.

If Harper keeps his spot, which I kind of hope he will, he might be in for quite a workout in defence this week. The Tits will surely try to aim Fifita at him. And he won't have much experience around him if the second row is Haumole and Saab on the wing.
I like the comment about him at least getting in the way to slow raids down. I think Des will have Tge pack chomping at the bit to get into the Titans. I think they will make a good account of themselves. Lookin forward to this one.

He is only slight of frame so hopefully some work on technique to take the big rampaging boys down this week and watch that big fend.

If I was harper, I would be
Shoulder pads...check
Thigh pads.... check
Chest plates.....check
Helmet ...check
Crow Bar....bloody oath.

Nah the harder they run and bigger they are just move and get haumole to smash him. :talking:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6