Dessie wiped from Manly premiers mug

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OK, I received a Premiers mouse mat as part of a Secret Santa present at work. I noticed Des wasn't on it but thought maybe he wasn't in that particular shot. After seeing the picture in mcatt's post, it's the exact same photo, only minus Des (and a couple of others).

th_mousemat.jpg

You can now purchase Manly Warringah toilet paper from the club. All it has is dessie''s face on it.

Dessie was in those photos. He was behind watmough

mosto said:
OK, I received a Premiers mouse mat as part of a Secret Santa present at work. I noticed Des wasn't on it but thought maybe he wasn't in that particular shot. After seeing the picture in mcatt's post, it's the exact same photo, only minus Des (and a couple of others).

th_mousemat.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Mals said:
Mcatt is right it's because Des is standing up top slightly away from everyone else. Looking at my premiers stubby holder it's a space issue, our former coach can't fit (& yep I'm ok with that). Nothing to see here.

I believe it is a space issue. They could not fit his ego in with a wide angle lens

When the dogs get the spoon next year they will struggle with the team photo.. Not only having to fit the ego, but the bulging money pocket on Dessie, with the green turd also having a bulging pair of slacks for Dessie

The turkeys on talking sport had a bit to say about it, saying it was a disgrace that he was removed. Not sure why I listen to the dribble.

Apparently it was the NRL's call. As part of "phase two" memorabilia they try to focus on the players.

Its a wonder Gallop didnt get rid of the Stewart Brothers instead of Des.

Oh and Peter Peters has been cut out of the original also....Wait till "Scoop Kent" gets hold of this.

Conspiracy at its worst.......

Last Friday I emailed the club saying we were being ridiculed over this on Talking Sport. I suggested someone from the club might want to come out & set the record straight.

Yesterday I got an email saying my message had been forwarded to Rachael Cassidy, our Media and Communications Manager.

Meanwhile I just heard the 'story' again during the BSB program – it was on the NEWS (!) A ridiculous beat-up, but I hope Rachel does say something.

Did anyone whinge when he wasnt on the 2008 bar-runner???

Whats the difference.

2Mmm were having a crack and the story is on the back page of the tellie.

Basically the NRL controlled the merchandise.

Club has no involvement.

I think it goes to show how closely people look at the merchandise, some ppl don't pay attention to detail.

But when it's pointed out its an outrage ;)

Should be a bulldogs cap on the added figure :)

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Fixed

[/u]
4iyo35.jpg

There is no doubt that the papers trawl our sites for stories.

But at least we now know how this happened.

I wonder how much of a cut the sea eagles get from the merchandise considering the NRL organises it? Maybe pk can find that out for us.

The news article from the title makes sure people think it is a manly issue. But it does elaborate on the facts as pointed out it was signed off by the Nrl and not controlled by the club. The problem is how the news article is then reported. I heard it as part of BSB and they were fair, stating even Wayne Bennett was removed off the dragons stuff. The 9am news on sky sports racing only reports it as Des was removed from merchandise, leaving it open for the leaches.
The positive is that people must be a little paranoid Manly are going to do well this year. Because they are trying to beat up everything

bones said:
Haha... Paul Kent must have read this thread. The story is now in the Telegraph.

Manly chief executive David Perry was forced to go to the NRL for a "please explain" yesterday after inadvertently being drawn into the embarrassing gaffe - but was relieved to learn that it was no fault of Manly's

"The NRL signed off on all that merchandise, we didn't even see it," Perry said

"It got fired off on the public holiday in October the day after the game, before Des had even left the club."

The NRL claimed Hasler was removed during "phase two" of its memorabilia release, when the image tries to focus on a "players only" format. Similar images were released last year without Wayne Bennett in the Dragons premiership photos, and the same when Manly won its premiership in 2008

Sometimes, though, some involved cannot be removed from the image without leaving holes on the photograph - which explains why incoming first grade coach Geoff Toovey and several other assistants remain

Typical piece of garbage journalism by Paul Kent. Love how he contradicts himself through the whole article. Typical Sea Eagles haters jumping onboard the article and hating on Manly without really reading the article in the first place. Same thing happened to Wayne Bennett and apparently wasn't back page news last year.

Finished my rant and I feel better now :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6