Dessie’s Dilemma

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone ever seen cust play hooker ?
Has he ever ?
croker is on the bench to sub for levi

Cust looks ok but consistency is the enemy of all footballers. Giving him a chance to step up and down will help him find his way without the inevitable expectation that follows. Looking at his game its still pretty hit and miss although he seems to have the right menatality about his role

If DCE was held as accountable as croker then we wouldnt have seen the 2 good games he played this year.

People jump over croker, paseka for doing an ok job on **** money. I reckon some of you people must live in fibro with goldplated dunnies

Des needs to hook up poor old Croker with the best mind coach money can buy. His confidence is absolutely shot. Remember his interview a couple of weeks back? Looked like he would be happier not playing at all let alone have the responsibility of playing in the halves. At least Cust has a crack and backs himself - the good players are a bit fearless in that one error doesn't put them into their shells. They move on and keep creating. He'll improve with consistent game time.

Yeah it seems to have a heap of pressure on himself. I bet he is a gun at training. There is a footy player in there and i reckon its pretty good but the journey has been tough, and not all of his future obstacles seem footy

the kids have been thrown to the wolves in the halves. The first 10 rounds it was all the number 6 doing everything really. You really need a steady influence to assist. Too often this year its been about what the 6 could do to take pressure off cherry, as the halves leader he was pretty poor . Team leader pretty good but team halves doesnt seem to exist

At some stage i reckon croker will go to canberra and find himself and be the player. I hope its here though , he has all the makings of a great back up 9. I think 9 suits him because there are less decisions to make. He struggles at clutch moments so far

I think also certain players have their own individual styles...and when there are set structures to adhere to...they struggle as are caught up between their own natural instinct and the game plan.
This is why in other grades coming up to NRL certain player look the goods and play high levels in junior grades and NSW Cup, yet struggle to adjust to a set regime required at NRL level.
I feel there is a happy medium where by you play unstructured within a structure if that makes sense ??
As in keep to the game plan, as nothing can divide a team like players being indivduals, but if you have say a move, where there is a sweep play and your ball to the 2nd man you see Sivo defensively coming in to murder the bloke your passing to, he is off his wing and a Thurston type will change the play on the run and slither the ball in behind the up and in winger.....I realise Croker is no Thurston, but my point is he seems to second guess himself often looking confused between playing what he wants and following instructions with set moves where he passes regardless of his support player under massive pressure.

I think also certain players have their own individual styles...and when there are set structures to adhere to...they struggle as are caught up between their own natural instinct and the game plan.
This is why in other grades coming up to NRL certain player look the goods and play high levels in junior grades and NSW Cup, yet struggle to adjust to a set regime required at NRL level.
I feel there is a happy medium where by you play unstructured within a structure if that makes sense ??
As in keep to the game plan, as nothing can divide a team like players being indivduals, but if you have say a move, where there is a sweep play and your ball to the 2nd man you see Sivo defensively coming in to murder the bloke your passing to, he is off his wing and a Thurston type will change the play on the run and slither the ball in behind the up and in winger.....I realise Croker is no Thurston, but my point is he seems to second guess himself often looking confused between playing what he wants and following instructions with set moves where he passes regardless of his support player under massive pressure.
Informative.
That's why I'd like to see the Walker Brothers given a chance to coach a NRL team. They could really free up the regimented play of most First Grade sides.
I know most old guys like me bemoan the bygone era of RL when many players played what was in front of them, rather than from a play book. But I'm certain most of the Manly teams of yesterday played a more attractive style of RL, with sweeping backlines and attacks from deep inside their own territory.
Without Turbo in our backline we have become a really dull side to watch. From a purely spectators point of view the Titans are far more enjoyable team to watch.

Informative.
That's why I'd like to see the Walker Brothers given a chance to coach a NRL team. They could really free up the regimented play of most First Grade sides.
I know most old guys like me bemoan the bygone era of RL when many players played what was in front of them, rather than from a play book. But I'm certain most of the Manly teams of yesterday played a more attractive style of RL, with sweeping backlines and attacks from deep inside their own territory.
Without Turbo in our backline we have become a really dull side to watch. From a purely spectators point of view the Titans are far more enjoyable team to watch.
It's also the reason players like JT, Andrew Johns and maybe the best example Cliffy Lyons would mesmerise defence....you can't coach to defend them as they don't play to a structure....more play their own natural game, within a structure and play what's in front of them.
Problems start at a young age these days, as even the coaching at junior rep footy are so strict, if a talented youngster spots a 3 on 2 down the blindside and takes the opportunity to exploit this and create a try, will still be hooked if the ball was to go wide for a set play...I find it ridiculous.
There is no coincidence your best ever players all share the quality of "unpredictability."
There was that season when Tigers were looking an outside Top 8 side, but started playing heads up footy, which was both great as a spectacle, but also took apart opposition defence racking up huge scores and length of the field tries....and they won the GF over Cows and no suprise led by this Exact style of footy in a YOUNG freakish Benji Marshall.
Thing is, realistically you need the talent to access this style of play and I have what you may call a gut feeling, our own Schuster could be another player that has this quality.

Alot of the players have those ridiculous pig tails going on... not to mention the blonde hair and now adam Elliot has blue hair. Troubling times Mr Wood

See ... this is where you young pups that slept through both Biology and history classes at school let yourselves down .... my generation back in the 60's and seventies brought the long hair, afro's and dreads back into fashion ...

However ... when we did cut our hair it was usually with scissors .... not whipper-snippers like this current mob ...

See ... this is where you young pups that slept through both Biology and history classes at school let yourselves down .... my generation back in the 60's and seventies brought the long hair, afro's and dreads back into fashion ...

However ... when we did cut our hair it was usually with scissors .... not whipper-snippers like this current mob ...

Im mid fifties and im pretty thin on top. But i was almost a foot taller sporting the frowave in the eighties. sometimes when i bump into old friend i get a look and, ah man i remember you as being bigger.
Of course i always say
thats not what your mum says

Hahaha and it seems they are cutting it themselves. :rofl:

The 16 years and 15 seasons Des has been a first grade coach he has achieved the following results:

2004: 13th
2005: Qualifying Final
2006: Semi Final
2007: Grand Final
2008: Premiership
2009: Qualifying Final
2010: Qualifying Final
2011: Premiership
2012: Grand Final
2013: Elimination Final
2014: Grand Final
2015: Semi Final
2016: Elimination Final
2017: 11th
2019: Semi Final

Des is a great coach, you dont have that kind of record otherwise. Yes everyone has short comings; we as fans often hang everything on those week to week.

I trust he has the answers for our club going forward. You don't miss finals just twice as a coach without having some idea what you're doing.

The 16 years and 15 seasons Des has been a first grade coach he has achieved the following results:

2004: 13th
2005: Qualifying Final
2006: Semi Final
2007: Grand Final
2008: Premiership
2009: Qualifying Final
2010: Qualifying Final
2011: Premiership
2012: Grand Final
2013: Elimination Final
2014: Grand Final
2015: Semi Final
2016: Elimination Final
2017: 11th
2019: Semi Final

Des is a great coach, you dont have that kind of record otherwise. Yes everyone has short comings; we as fans often hang everything on those week to week.

I trust he has the answers for our club going forward. You don't miss finals just twice as a coach without having some idea what you're doing.
Yeah, agree, but we're ****ed this year

We have a pretty soft run to the semi finals. If Turbo is back in 2 weeks, I expect a massive lift and strong end to the year.
If he can blood a Hoppa or Schuster on the way, even better
I wouldn’t give up completely
I’ll never give no matter what!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4