Des's Long Term Future In Doubt?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't tend to post too often, but thought this one was important. Listening to Talkin Sport on the way home tonight, Graeme Hughes mentioned just before the show ended that there is talk that Des's contract extention has hit a hurdle or two. He didn't say what those hurdles are. More worryingly Hughes stated that Canterbury have tabled a very large offer to nab Des away from Manly. It was stated that this will hit the news outlets any time now. How true this is....who knows (perhaps the Peter Peters drama has left Des disillusioned?) I'm just reporting what was mentioned. Hopefully it's not fact! Losing Des would be akin to losing Beaver.....if not more disappointing.

Maroon and White said:
I don't tend to post too often, but thought this one was important. Listening to Talkin Sport on the way home tonight, Graeme Hughes mentioned just before the show ended that there is talk that Des's contract extention has hit a hurdle or two. He didn't say what those hurdles are. More worryingly Hughes stated that Canterbury have tabled a very large offer to nab Des away from Manly. It was stated that this will hit the news outlets any time now. How true this is....who knows (perhaps the Peter Peters drama has left Des disillusioned?) I'm just reporting what was mentioned. Hopefully it's not fact! Losing Des would be akin to losing Beaver.....if not more disappointing.

I thought he had already signed for 2 more years. The timing of this seems odd.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/nrl/the-manly-sea-eagles-are-a-club-in-crisis-as-coach-des-hasler-and-his-players-distance-themselve-from-the-board/story-fn7sfxe7-1226133778317

This article could explain his reasons for leaving.

I really don't see Des as the type of man who would leave Manly simply for the lure of bigger money elsewhere. So whatever issues that are, or may be stalling his long term commitment....lets hope they can be sorted. It would be interesting to know if anyone has any clues on what these issues may be.

It sounds like Zorba is at the sole cause of this. Perry told Zorba they were looking for a different approach in the media manager position (and rightfully so) but still wanted him to stay on as a role in the club. Perry wanted to wait until the off-season to sort this out, but Zorba held a gun to the boards head and this whole mess has happened as a result of. Hopefully Perry and Hasler sort this mess out or else I think he will leave.

Thanks for that link Ceagle.....pretty dramatic scenario. You'd think that if Des left, then there might be a few players who would follow him judging from their discontentment with those at board level. You can only assume that the board realises there must be a common ground met, and will do what needs to be done to keep our team together. Sad times ahead if they don't realise.

I don't get it, the club said that Zorba could stay on in another role, why is he being such a sook about it?

Come on guys do we really believe everything we read in the press. Remember " never let fact get in the way of good story"

I thought the same thing. Nothing stays the same forever. Not like he's being sent to Siberia and told never to contact the Sea Eagles ever again. But then he did wriye an article recently where he stated he understood the reasoning behind the decision to make changes, so pehaps things will sort themselves out, and we'll forge out an era of great success in the years to come. I mean really... a coach who has taken his team to 3 Grand Finals in 5 years, and won the premiership twice (yes, I am including this year....we are certainties) must be kept at all costs. Besides, he is Manly through and through.

The Bulldogs are the second worse run club in the NRL, behind the Titans.

Todd Greenturd is a myth and doesnt realise he actually in charge of a revolving door and not a football club.

Has anyone other than Andrew Ryan hung around more than five minutes since this bs artist took over.

When a club is poison like The Dogs are it will take more than Des and Crusher to get them out of trouble. They need Peter Moore to be resurrected.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4