• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane link said:
Wholesale changes are NOT needed...a shot of confidence is what IS needed.

Changing teams around every week will only lead to MORE lack of confidence!!

Des won us a premiership last year, he knows what he is doing far more than us!!

These aren’t school kid lacking in confidence these are highly paid athletes, If there not up to it mentally then there in the wrong profession and maybe they should go lay bricks for a few weeks and find there lost confidence and motivation.

I feel more confident now that Williams is back but I would be scared of moving Killer out of the centres as he is doing all the cleaning up. Without him there it could be cricket scores against us. No half combo is going to work unless the big men start belting it up and the opposition.

Choc has been crucified this week but he puts in. Anyone else see him try and get Bowen in the dying seconds only to run into Williams who missed Matty's sidestep and just got in the road. He makes mistakes but he never gives up.

I don't favour wholesale changes. Any team that does really well is based on playing alongside the same mates week in and week out. It is just confidence. Des is right, they get paid to do the job and if they don't then it stands out and we get to have a say about it. Looking through the roster there are very few I would be tempted to move up.

The problem is who do we bring in ? Is there anyone outside the current 17 knocking on the door ? Lyon to 5/8 might help somewhat as he can nursemaid Orford like he did last year, but who will play centre ? We don't have any depth there if Hello is our next best option. Tony Williams is an option but I assume he is still struggling with injury (and maybe ability). I don't know about swapping Bailey and Lyon, I suppose he would go alright but he'd be more stop gap then anything else.

As for moving Orford to 5/8, I couldn't think of anything worse. I don't necessarily think now is the time to be blooding a young halfback, but if we do then Orford should just be dropped, not moved to 5/8....it would be a disaster.

The only fringe player worth giving a crack might be JWH, but who do we drop in the forwards. Perry has been lethargic this year and Hall and King a bit hit and miss, so they are the two likely canditates. You aren't going to drop G Stewart or Watmough, and I think Rodney has really put in this year as well. Cuthbo has been good, and Kite isn't going to be dropped in a million years. Is JWH big enough to play prop, or is he purely backrow material ?

Our depth seems a little thin, given Dessie's reluctance to take chances with young guys. I'd assume if we had a decent back up for the No. 1 then he'd already be in the side, obviously not so we must tolerate Robbo for the time being.

The KPI for Des this week should be
* Launch Rockets up ar$e$ of underperforming forwards
* Tell Orford to play like a Dally M medallist should
* Try some other attacking move that doesn't involve Robbo trying to pretend he is Brett Stewart.
* Beat the Storm and get season 2009 back on track.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Des won us a premiership last year, he knows what he is doing far more than us!!

Des learn't everything he knows from reading the posts on the site.   ;D

Excellent post C & C .  The only thing I saw that I would disagree with is Hall.  I think he's putting in.  He pokes his nose through the line, scores a try or two and in general, plays hard.  Ted and Princess are the weak link imo.  Your KPIs are spot on. 

The KPI for Des this week should be
* Launch Rockets up ar$e$ of underperforming forwards
* Tell Orford to play like a Dally M medallist should
* Try some other attacking move that doesn't involve Robbo trying to pretend he is Brett Stewart.
* Beat the Storm and get season 2009 back on track.

Des's report card

1) Partial success
2) Epic fail - is there a more woefully inconsistent kicking game in the NRL than what Ox dishes up each week ?
3) Fail
4) Fail - bring on 2010

Bailey is not a centre. The week they put Bailye into the centres is the week we lose by more than 50.

Si link said:
Bailey is not a centre.

I said the same last week. but defensively he could probably do a job (like mannering for warriors replacing tate), and he could run like a wide backrower in attack on the right (off lyon/stewart). I think it's desperation stakes time, and moving lyon to 5/8 is one of the first things I'd be doing. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4