Desperate need for a reggies comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Seriously think that the NRL needs to make this a priority.
Players union need to take a player cut to fund it(5%),but the NRL seriously needs a second tier comp in 2021.
Can't have this crap about whining for kids to come into to the top level with no game time.
Increase the bubble from 36 to 66 and the reserve grade can help fund it(would be sure so many would be champing at the bit from clubs to players)
We are an example....Workers would fund the players and the 5% cut from players union would fund the travelling costs.
It would not mean that guys would have to play a level up but would be able to train and at least work with and provide guys able to step in.
36 guys only to play NRL but rhe extra 30 are playing reggies and the guys not from the top 36 not selected in the top 17 can at least train and get fitness with the top squad.
Teams from Qld etc...can be assimilated into a natonal second grade comp,pretty sure enough money in the kitty to make it work.....

Totally. But I don’t think we imagined earlier that we would still need a bubble next year. @:cry:

Seriously think that the NRL needs to make this a priority.
Players union need to take a player cut to fund it(5%),but the NRL seriously needs a second tier comp in 2021.
Can't have this crap about whining for kids to come into to the top level with no game time.
Increase the bubble from 36 to 66 and the reserve grade can help fund it(would be sure so many would be champing at the bit from clubs to players)
We are an example....Workers would fund the players and the 5% cut from players union would fund the travelling costs.
It would not mean that guys would have to play a level up but would be able to train and at least work with and provide guys able to step in.
36 guys only to play NRL but rhe extra 30 are playing reggies and the guys not from the top 36 not selected in the top 17 can at least train and get fitness with the top squad.
Teams from Qld etc...can be assimilated into a natonal second grade comp,pretty sure enough money in the kitty to make it work.....
Nice to have you back, Smokin

From experience ... when PVL wants it .. it will happen ..

Don't know or really care what format the reggies takes ... but you are correct Smokin Joe ... it is a major priority ....

Hopefully the “ Rona” doesn’t get any worse than it is now for Australia , personally I’m all for a travel bubble with possibly NZ and the South Pacific islands but that’s it, shut us off to the rest of the world until we have a vaccine.

But yes these “ bubbles “ and limited numbers being able to attend blah blah blah are here to stay for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the “ Rona” doesn’t get any worse than it is now for Australia , personally I’m all for a travel bubble with possibly NZ and the South Pacific islands but that’s it, shut us off to the rest of the world until we have a vaccine.

But yes these “ bubbles “ and limited numbers being able to attend blah blah blah are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
Aus-nZ-Pacific bubble would be perfect for rugby league.

Aus-nZ-Pacific bubble would be perfect for rugby league.
There’s other places that have been mentioned , Japan , Singapore but I’m against anywhere other than the island countries ( and yes I know Japan is in essence an island ) being open.

NZ
Fiji
Vanuatu
Samoa
Tonga

That would give people some other holiday options , allow our airlines to start flying again in a limited way and would be safe (ish).

I heard there is a vaccine ready. Trump said it would be fine the day after the election. If people vote for him.

Trump has been pushing for an early vaccine purely as a political tool. He's full on hoping for a miracle cure before the US election that he can claim he got done.

In reality, just about every research scientist working on a vaccine has basically said that there is no way known will there actually be a vaccine for coronavirus before at least mid 2021. Yes they may have things that work already, but they needs trials to see if it works, how it reacts with different people etc. Remember, people still have bad reactions to flu vaccine's and that stuff has been public for years. Its constant trial and error, hopefully with less error. And any meaningful vaccine still wouldn't be ready for full public distribution until at least 2022.

There’s other places that have been mentioned , Japan , Singapore but I’m against anywhere other than the island countries ( and yes I know Japan is in essence an island ) being open.

NZ
Fiji
Vanuatu
Samoa
Tonga

That would give people some other holiday options , allow our airlines to start flying again in a limited way and would be safe (ish).
Japan is a good idea, so we can go skiing

NZ
Fiji
Vanuatu
Samoa
Tonga

Why are you against Singapore being part of a bubble? It is now doing better than Australia. On average there has been less than 1 community transmission a day here for the last two weeks, so the risk of a bubble to Singapore is greater than it is to Australia and yet the Singapore govt wants the bubble (it's had a unilateral bubble with Australia (excluding Victoria) for a week or so now).

Why are you against Singapore being part of a bubble? It is now doing better than Australia. On average there has been less than 1 community transmission a day here for the last two weeks, so the risk of a bubble to Singapore is greater than it is to Australia and yet the Singapore govt wants the bubble (it's had a unilateral bubble with Australia (excluding Victoria) for a week or so now).
I’m against Singapore for the main reason is that it’s a massive “ hub “ in the airline “ hub and spoke” system and if you have a bubble with them people can fly from SIN and just walk off the plane.

Easy , buy two tickets , Europe -Singapore then seperate SIN-SYD and walk off the flight , no thanks , just keep us open to the South Pacific and wait until there’s a vaccine !

I’m against Singapore for the main reason is that it’s a massive “ hub “ in the airline “ hub and spoke” system and if you have a bubble with them people can fly from SIN and just walk off the plane.

Easy , buy two tickets , Europe -Singapore then seperate SIN-SYD and walk off the flight , no thanks , just keep us open to the South Pacific and wait until there’s a vaccine !
What if there isn't ever a vaccine?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4