Des, you are the weakest link

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
im a qualified sports coach and personal trainer, ill be willing ti go down there and get them into shape for free, Don Singe, honestly they blow wind up manly,s bum every year pre season, the look fat and lazy, perry looks like a decomissioned train, george rose, homestly hes the only forward ion the game that literally has a gut ! hes good but man o man, your an athlete, your paid to be an athlete how hard is it to train, your meant to do it everyday !!!

I am going to take the bait.....

Yes lets get rid of des in the middle of the season. Reviews should be done at the end of the year (think parra and their end of year surge which started now)

I am not saying that we will win the comp this year but last year showed that anyone in the 8 can create drama's. In any case a lot can change in 8 games

You state "plenty of others to take up the challenge"

Who?

Bring back sharp?

A premiership winning coach

Semi's every year he has coached bar one

for costin?

What has he done?

Dessie deserves ago because it was only the season before last that we won. However I think the real problem is a major lack of communication. At his best he was a man of few words but now we have even less. Cameras banned from dressing rooms, not giving a full range of post match interviews. What he doesn't seem to realise is that this stuff is for us fans. Just like any music fan who wants to know what the band is up to, when the new record is out, are they touring ... we want to know what our coach thinks is wrong, the basis for some of his decisions, and any snippet of info that gives us both hope and a feeling of connection. it's just not there.

Who do we drop the prop's for this year? we have no other options. Moorewood and Mauro aren't up to it.
Maybe give Palau a go at prop (he is more of a backrower). I would also give Lussick a go. We are really missing some enthusiasm, maybe give the younger guys a go.

Some of the spastics on this forum seem to think our poor form is because they shut down the forums over at mwse. Really take players of Orford, Stewart and Wolfmans class out of any team (1 million dollars worth of talent), i doubt they would be going very far.

hordernnewt link said:
Dessie deserves ago because it was only the season before last that we won. However I think the real problem is a major lack of communication. At his best he was a man of few words but now we have even less. Cameras banned from dressing rooms, not giving a full range of post match interviews. What he doesn't seem to realise is that this stuff is for us fans. Just like any music fan who wants to know what the band is up to, when the new record is out, are they touring ... we want to know what our coach thinks is wrong, the basis for some of his decisions, and any snippet of info that gives us both hope and a feeling of connection. it's just not there.

Fair point. My guess is that Des and the players are just as frustrated as what we are. They know they have the talent, I'm sure they are training well, but they are just not converting. We will start winning again, let's just hope it is next weekend. 

MPC link said:
[quote author=hordernnewt link=topic=183942.msg273313#msg273313 date=1278832596]
They know they have the talent
[/quote]

Sometimes I wonder..........if some actually have talent at all. :-\

Wow seriously. Aren't we all quick to cut off Des' head. With the way the salary cap and distributing the playing talent work, it's impossible for teams to (fairly and by the rules anyway) dominate the competition over many years. Yes we are in a form slump, but as mentioned, it has been a grueling season with injuries, rep footy and inexperienced players in key positions.

Did anyone really think we would win the comp this year? You must be joking if you think we would. Yes i'm upset about our performances, yes i would like to see some of the younger players in the first grade team to get experience. But you have to put it into perspective. If we make the semi's this year i would be very happy and it would be a good result. And that will only give the younger players more experience for next year.

By my reckoning, if you can win 1 comp every 10 years or so, that is a great result. We have won a comp every decade since we won our first one in 72'. To me that is a great result. We can't expect to win every year. Even the most dominate team in the last 20 years Brisbane won 6 comps (if you include the SL), they hardly won every year. They just made the finals every year. I think that's the key. To build a great team you just have to make the finals year in year out. The comps will then eventually come.

So i say give Des a fair go. Yes he is a loyalist, but that's what got our club to the great heights we got to. It's about building a great culture in the team. Unfortunately influences outside the team have been slowly eating away at it. Don't blame Des, look to those higher up for your answers....

abnc link said:
Wow seriously. Aren't we all quick to cut off Des' head. With the way the salary cap and distributing the playing talent work, it's impossible for teams to (fairly and by the rules anyway) dominate the competition over many years. Yes we are in a form slump, but as mentioned, it has been a grueling season with injuries, rep footy and inexperienced players in key positions.

Did anyone really think we would win the comp this year? You must be joking if you think we would. Yes i'm upset about our performances, yes i would like to see some of the younger players in the first grade team to get experience. But you have to put it into perspective. If we make the semi's this year i would be very happy and it would be a good result. And that will only give the younger players more experience for next year.

By my reckoning, if you can win 1 comp every 10 years or so, that is a great result. We have won a comp every decade since we won our first one in 72'. To me that is a great result. We can't expect to win every year. Even the most dominate team in the last 20 years Brisbane won 6 comps (if you include the SL), they hardly won every year. They just made the finals every year. I think that's the key. To build a great team you just have to make the finals year in year out. The comps will then eventually come.

So i say give Des a fair go. Yes he is a loyalist, but that's what got our club to the great heights we got to. It's about building a great culture in the team. Unfortunately influences outside the team have been slowly eating away at it. Don't blame Des, look to those higher up for your answers....

Very nice. Agree with you 100%.

Well...

This is by far one of the worst ideas for a thread i've ever seen on a footy forum. I think I might go back & read the thread on LU about league games being split into quarters rather than read this again.

Without des this club would be ****ed
no other coach would have got us to the finals last year.

I believe hes not getting the resources required to do his job to level he would normally.

Whether thats Cap restraints, cash flow issues or internal politics i have no idea.

I have a few reservations about a few decisions this year,but will reserve judgement til the end of the season.What I'm filthy about is that garbage that was called a press conference after the raiders game.The NRL should fine any coach who has a "wobbly" like Des' at the after match press conference.If that was another coach,and Manly won a game,we would be calling them "poor sports" and "sooks"!Post match press conference IS gloating time for the winner,and humble pie for the loser!The losers here-US-as that crap hasler went on with was dished up as Des' Diary (diarrhoea)!

I don't like some of Dessie's decisions but to be calling for his head is a bit over the top.

ayjay007 link said:
I have a few reservations about a few decisions this year,but will reserve judgement til the end of the season.What I'm filthy about is that garbage that was called a press conference after the raiders game.The NRL should fine any coach who has a \"wobbly\" like Des' at the after match press conference.If that was another coach,and Manly won a game,we would be calling them \"poor sports\" and \"sooks\"!Post match press conference IS gloating time for the winner,and humble pie for the loser!The losers here-US-as that crap hasler went on with was dished up as Des' Diary (diarrhoea)!

Well, Des can only answer questions he is asked. Why didn't they ask more questions? Everybody knows what Des is like. Drawing blood from a stone, but the media know that. Maybe they didn't want to push their luck this time. Who knows... But you know he's not going to give more information then what his asked. I'm sure if left plenty of words for the dressing room after the game...

abnc link said:
[quote author=ayjay007 link=topic=183942.msg273942#msg273942 date=1278989823]
I have a few reservations about a few decisions this year,but will reserve judgement til the end of the season.What I'm filthy about is that garbage that was called a press conference after the raiders game.The NRL should fine any coach who has a \"wobbly\" like Des' at the after match press conference.If that was another coach,and Manly won a game,we would be calling them \"poor sports\" and \"sooks\"!Post match press conference IS gloating time for the winner,and humble pie for the loser!The losers here-US-as that crap hasler went on with was dished up as Des' Diary (diarrhoea)!

Well, Des can only answer questions he is asked. Why didn't they ask more questions? Everybody knows what Des is like. Drawing blood from a stone, but the media know that. Maybe they didn't want to push their luck this time. Who knows... But you know he's not going to give more information then what his asked. I'm sure if left plenty of words for the dressing room after the game...
[/quote]

Right on abnc.

I don't really care what Des says to some grubby journos or what comes in some crappy e-mail from the Sea Eagles which I 90% delete immediately anyway.

In my mind it shows how angry Des was & that is a better sign that him sitting there in a room for 10min saying how bad we were can ever be. Odds are he put the metaphorical rocket up the team that night & it would've been well deserved.

I'm becoming a Des critic.  Poor communication, game plans? rotations? selections? All could be fixed if someone in the team sent some stuff out to members on the internet.  I get stuff from the club to purchase but little in the way of actual meaty communication.  I don't want to know the financial side or the inner workings of the club, but a piece on how selections are made or on training or on a vision etc would be nice. 

DSM5 link said:
I'm becoming a Des critic.  Poor communication, game plans? rotations? selections? All could be fixed if someone in the team sent some stuff out to members on the internet.  I get stuff from the club to purchase but little in the way of actual meaty communication.  I don't want to know the financial side or the inner workings of the club, but a piece on how selections are made or on training or on a vision etc would be nice. 

Here, here....each post on its merit :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4