des hitler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shauneagle

Reserve Grader
ok so this is how it went down. Hitler was on contract for 2012 with a 1 year option for 2013. He had to sign the contract by 30 July 2011 - that was for the 2013 option. He signed the contract with no clauses, no exclusions and no pay disputes and handed it to the management on 15 July, 2011. That meant he was exercising his right to be the Manly coach until the end of the 2013 season, no questions asked, done deal, lets move on.

Sometime in the weeks following , Das Hitler is approached by some slime ball from the bullvogs. Slime ball offers the tight arse double the money to coach. Das Hitler starts doing the figures and in a despicable act starts to discredit the Manly board and management, the great club which made this penriff boy a household name.

Unfortunately, it gets worse. Das Hitler was always going to be off contract at the end of 2013. He actively engineered the contract structure at Manly so that most of the big names would be off contract at the end of 2013. Matai, Brett, Foz, DCE - he planned to take these guys with him, where ever it may be. The rest of his wish list had some weird get out clause attached to their contracts. So when he would be negotiating a contract to coach he could say yes I've got Joe Blogs with me. What is even more despicable is that he tied up the cap with players such as George Rose, Brent Kite and Jason King, great players one and all but hardly marque singings.

Das Hitler planned this whole debacle. He planned this whole demise of the Manly club. When the big dollars starting being talked about from the bullyvogs, he then had the audacity to turn on the board and blame them.

Please lets not forget something. Des Hasler is the contracted Manly coach for 2012 and 2013. He signed that extension contract willingly and without prejudice.

Can people please take this on board when they start to criticise the Manly board and management?

On a completely different note, I was fortunate enough to have a drink with Matt Orford at the Manly game at Bluetounge. He is looking for a contract before he 30 June deadline and living with his parents on the central coast in the mean time. Matt is a true gentleman and a proud Manly supporter. He is modest and humble. It was a pleasure to meet him and I wish the guy every success!!

Unlike you I won't pretend to speak from inside knowledge – that is, inside Des Hasler's head. But as devil's advocate for a moment – if it's true that the Manly administration stood by idly and allowed Des to deliberately structure our salary cap so as to cripple the club … how is that not mismanagement?

By the way, my only interest in Desgate is my concern at the frenzy of vilification directed by a section of Manly fans at Hasler and all things Bulldog. Demonising individuals and promoting hatred are very dangerous paths, and this is what you are doing right now. To do this based on guesswork and rumour is indefensible.

Spot on SER8. Even though my thread got removed yesterday, not sure why, this kind of post by shauneagle is what I was referring to. Drivel.

You lost me when you compared Des to hitler

One person was responsible for the killing of millions of other people

The other was a highly successful coach of a sport team - who then left

Get some perspective

SER8 is precisely right; he clearly puts everything into perspective without the theatrical hysteria.

The question needs to be asked, why one person was allowed to negotiate all the contracts without signoff from the administration, was it because of trust or was it due to the dysfunction amongst those in administration of our club (as reported in the media).

Unless we have undistorted full facts (most likely will never happen) we will never really know what happened and why it went all sour.

We all have a vested interest in our team which still touches a raw nerve emotionally every time we hear these negative stories about players leaving. The Sea Eagles is a brand and culture of success and as supporters we constantly crave and demand to continually achieve this success.

Shauneagle, my advice to you is there is no need for the racist overtures as in the 4th paragraph of your post, it serves no purpose apart from redneck sentiments.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
By the way, my only interest in Desgate is my concern at the frenzy of vilification directed by a section of Manly fans at Hasler and all things Bulldog. Demonising individuals and promoting hatred are very dangerous paths, and this is what you are doing right now. To do this based on guesswork and rumour is indefensible.
Spot on. Why the hate? No one knows the real story, except Des and the Manly board.
How ppl can write off what he has done for the club in his years at Manly is appalling IMO. Base your comments and beliefs on what you know as facts rather than speculative innuendo.

Des wanted total control and obviously got it when it came to contract negotiations. I think that's plain to see.

He had a leg up in that area when Grant Mayer left and we had stop gap solutions for a CEO.

What Shauneagle has posted is pretty spot on for me. This has come out in the emails and signings since it happen.

I think Des did get control of all negotiations as the club had faith and trust that Des would always be a Manly man and would act honourably. It's very clear to me and others that Des hasn't done this.

He received a contract offer from the dogs that was double what he was on. Fine, that's too much to knock back. I had no issue with him going, it was the fact he signed up 4 ageing props AFTER he signed with the dogs that i have BIG ISSUES with.

Plus he also left the young stars with their current contracts knowing there was more negotiating needed to tie them up. He didn't. Seems the ones that everyone (including himself) wanted, are left to be snapped up. We have limited money to spend because a million or so has been spent on the 4 props.

Des was a Manly man but stabbed us in the back during these negotiations. I will never consider him a legend for what he has done to us now.

He is a great coach, but a bastard too!

The tone of some of the material here is just plain off and well done to those who said so. I'd personally delete this thread but there is some intelligent comments so am just going to close it. Any other mod feels it should be deleted gets my blessing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4