Des Hasler's Bold Statement Making the Titans Believe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
NRL FOX

THE WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS THERE . YOU JUST GOT TO JUMP THROUGH THE F***ING THING !
Des Hasler

Incoming Titans coach Des Hasler has made a bold call, declaring his new club’s premiership window is open ahead of the 2024 season.

Hasler’s first official day as head of the Gold Coast club comes on November 1, having departed the Sea Eagles after the 2022 season.

The Titans have been consistent strugglers in the NRL, making the finals twice in the last 13 seasons, whilst also winning two wooden spoons.
They were also the lowest placing Queensland team in 2023, finishing one spot below NRL newcomers the Dolphins.

But for Hasler, he is looking at the positives on the Gold Coast and pointed to the young crop of stars the Titans boast.

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (aged 23), David Fifita (23), AJ Brimson (24), Jayden Campbell (23), Moeaki Fotuaika (23) and Alofiana Khan-Pereira (21) are all under 25.
“I’m excited about this particular group. They’re in a position now where they’ve got a good mixture of game experience and strength in different positions.

“The ages of players and exposure they’ve had … there’s a whole lot of things that go into it. Let’s just say their window is bright.”

Hasler also opened up on his feelings towards axed coach Justin Holbrook who was blindsided by the club’s decision midway through the 2023 season.

Holbrook said he was “gutted” to be leaving the club, but Hasler threw his support behind the club’s powerbrokers.

“It’s never an easy conversation, ripping the band aid off is always going to be hard,” he said.

“I think the way they did it and went about it was respectful... the Titans called me out of the blue. I said I’ll think about it, contemplate it and it went from there.”

For Hasler, he believes it’s time the Titans enjoyed success and backed the club’s young guns to deliver in years to come.

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This is what Coaches with Confidence , Courage and Conviction do
They stick their neck out and make defining bold statements

I am not wishing Des any luck . He is our Enemy now
I wish our coach Seibold was a lot more bolder than he is and make a bold statement as well
Some may say it would put the pressure on him self and his players
The fact is
The only way to handle Pressure is to Apply it
1697959921558.png

Last edited:

JenEagle

Bencher
I’ve never heard Des swear like this in public. Nor have I ever seen or heard journalists quote him with swear words in the article. Just an observation.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I’ve never heard Des swear like this in public. Nor have I ever seen or heard journalists quote him with swear words in the article. Just an observation.
No new news to me when I read the article I posted
The real Des is really animated and passionate

When Des swears his voice rings through not only eardrums but also though doors and walls

Des could be getting his mojo back

JenEagle

Bencher
No new news to me when I read the article I posted
The real Des is really animated and passionate

When Des swears his voice rings through not only eardrums but also though doors and walls

Des could be getting his mojo back
Yep sounds like he will be very very motivated.

Eagle 1

First Grader
NRL FOX

THE WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY IS THERE . YOU JUST GOT TO JUMP THROUGH THE F***ING THING !
Des Hasler

Incoming Titans coach Des Hasler has made a bold call, declaring his new club’s premiership window is open ahead of the 2024 season.

Hasler’s first official day as head of the Gold Coast club comes on November 1, having departed the Sea Eagles after the 2022 season.

The Titans have been consistent strugglers in the NRL, making the finals twice in the last 13 seasons, whilst also winning two wooden spoons.
They were also the lowest placing Queensland team in 2023, finishing one spot below NRL newcomers the Dolphins.

But for Hasler, he is looking at the positives on the Gold Coast and pointed to the young crop of stars the Titans boast.

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui (aged 23), David Fifita (23), AJ Brimson (24), Jayden Campbell (23), Moeaki Fotuaika (23) and Alofiana Khan-Pereira (21) are all under 25.
“I’m excited about this particular group. They’re in a position now where they’ve got a good mixture of game experience and strength in different positions.

“The ages of players and exposure they’ve had … there’s a whole lot of things that go into it. Let’s just say their window is bright.”

Hasler also opened up on his feelings towards axed coach Justin Holbrook who was blindsided by the club’s decision midway through the 2023 season.

Holbrook said he was “gutted” to be leaving the club, but Hasler threw his support behind the club’s powerbrokers.

“It’s never an easy conversation, ripping the band aid off is always going to be hard,” he said.

“I think the way they did it and went about it was respectful... the Titans called me out of the blue. I said I’ll think about it, contemplate it and it went from there.”

For Hasler, he believes it’s time the Titans enjoyed success and backed the club’s young guns to deliver in years to come.
Normal speech before a new coach takes over the reins. Lets see what happens halfway through next season for the Titans, there's a lot to fix up, good luck Des.

manly al

First Grader
Titans at least on paper have the squad to be competitive again though have some consistency issues to overcome also
Not sure about their depth situation or what Des may offer for some overall improvement .
Thought it was a bit harsh with the manner and circumstances of disposing their former coach but that was their call and fairness and considerations like that just don 't come into the equation quite often .
Will be interesting how Des may try to fashion the side into whatever playing style .
Certainly has the experience , whether he can apply the other requirements to enable a side to compete well in the present mode of the game is another matter no doubt .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Normal speech before a new coach takes over the reins. Lets see what happens halfway through next season for the Titans, there's a lot to fix up, good luck Des.
I disagree my feathered friend
That was not a Normal Speech before a new coach takes over the reins
The fact is Seibold was not as bold as Hasler when he took over
Seibold did not stick his chest out and neck out to make a defining premiership winning bold statement for ALL to hear and make his team believe
Far from it ! We never heard such confidence courage and conviction

I agree that there is a lot to fix for Des at the Titans as actions are stronger than words
But confident and defining Words that echo into players ears from the coach inspire belief and confidence to set the high standards that are needed to meet their high premiership Winning expectations .

Eagle 1

First Grader
I disagree my feathered friend
That was not a Normal Speech before a new coach takes over the reins
The fact is Seibold was not as bold as Hasler when he took over
Seibold did not stick his chest out and neck out to make a defining premiership winning bold statement for ALL to hear and make his team believe
Far from it ! We never heard such confidence courage and conviction

I agree that there is a lot to fix for Des at the Titans as actions are stronger than words
But confident and defining Words that echo into players ears from the coach inspire belief and confidence to set the high standards that are needed to meet their high premiership Winning expectations .
Pretty sure Seibold talked up the team and club at his first presser, it's what new coaches do Bozo.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Pretty sure Seibold talked up the team and club at his first presser, it's what new coaches do Bozo.
Every coach talks up their new club and their new season
That's normal
Few coaches stick their neck out and talk up a premiership Winning new year
The bar of high standards is raised here
That's confidence , courage and conviction

Have a confident and courageous day and let nothing stand in your way @Eagle 1 :)

Eagle 1

First Grader
Every coach talks up their new club and their new season
That's normal
Few coaches stick their neck out and talk up a premiership Winning new year
The bar of high standards is raised here
That's confidence , courage and conviction

Have a confident and courageous day and let nothing stand in your way @Eagle 1 :)
Des can say what he likes, he's all fired up atm, what with taking Manly to court an all. The long suffering Tit's supporters needed to hear something like this from Des, but in reality they'll settle for 8th and that's a pass for them.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The long suffering Tit's supporters needed to hear something like this from Des,
The long and suffering Eagles supporters need to hear premiership winning confident, defining and courage's inspiring talks from Seibold as well
We are suffering as well feathered friend

Eagle 1

First Grader
The long and suffering Eagles supporters need to hear premiership winning confident, defining and courage's inspiring talks from Seibold as well
We are suffering as well feathered friend
Yes we are to a degree, but not as much as the Gold Coasters.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mark my words. The Tits will not only be in the 8 next year but at least top 6. That side is full of talent. it just needs to find its groove.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19