Des Hasler = Failure and formally on notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The dogs as far as I know have not extended Des' current contract which expires this year. There might be something to that. No one doubts he has done well to get that team to 2 grand finals out of the last 3. Last years effort I think was an absolute fluke and completely unjustified in terms of the dogs consistency of performance throughout the year. They were imposters, lucky to come up against a busted manly side and a totally overawed Penrith team in the semi's. Were never going to win the GF.

I have a feeling that Penn is after Hasler for next year and wouldn't be surprised at all if it happened. Arko's views about Toovey maybe being in the one spot too long would be consistent with this. Why else would he make such a bizarre statement.

I'm not sure I'd be against Des returning. Yes, he walked out on the team post 2011, but people forget that the club was preparing to ditch him before we got the tittle in 2011 due to the failures of 2009 and 2010 and his fall out with management. Graeme Lowe met with him in the first part of 2011 and told him as much. They only tried to resign him after the 2011 grand final, having left him hanging for much of the year before that. That's why he committed to the dogs well before the end of the 2011 season.

Des treads on people's toes. I wouldnt be surprised if the dogs wanted him gone for the same reason elements of our club wanted him gone in early 2011. He's a difficult guy to deal with.

my source is my uncle, who sponsors the club. To all of you, nobody doubts how great he was for us. The definition of success at the Dogs is Premierships ..... Full stop.

Dont be surprised if he ends up at manly if he is cut by the dogs.

The Penns love him. Arko was giving a message to 2v this week that it will be time to move aside if hasler returns

King Arthur could also be available is parra keep losing
understand what you're saying but hope it isn't so.
Won't say Manly owes Tooves but...
Manly owes Tooves.
Ooops i said it

Is there any better available coaches out there to replace Des? Probably not..... He made Barba look great behind a great ball playing pack. Look at him now..... Bluffed his way to a GF when the Roosters should of been there..... The most surprising thing for mine is the dogs haven't recruited better in the key positions. Des has over achieved with his troops on hand. Similar to us however no GF's.

The prob that parra and dogs now face is getting yet another top coach to fulfill their dreams. They see it in their dna to be on top. remember the 80's - parra were good then. when were the dogs ever good? (my bias is showing)
Why would a great coach go to either club - given their track record?

des and brad are secure!!!

I'm guessing that's because graham is from England. He is a good coach beaver boy. You are not a good judge of coaches. Whatever your uncle does.

Des stuffed us royally.

He can still coach though.

Reading between the lines.....

Is it me or does this sound like a repeat of what happened here at Manly with Des. By that I mean, the board here had serious issues with how much control he had over the club as the coach. Could it be that the Scumdogs board feels just the same way? Because I have previously read where their board supposedly wouldn't stand in his way if he left and not many would try to convince him to stay.

If he ever did return to Manly, while I wouldn't be happy in one respect, I wouldn't say no either given his record

Des can come back.

$10,000 a year for 3 years. If he doesn't deliver a premiership, he gives it all back.

Take it or leave it Dogsler.

PS......Can you tell I don't like him ? I love watching him fail.

Any loss in a GF is a failure, no matter who the coach is. For Tooves it was a great coaching effort. Different for Dogs, they haven't won a comp since 2004 and are desperate after paying big coin for a grand final winning coach.

ive only scrolled through the above comments, but f him. Your only as good as the cattle around you. It's not as if he could do any better with the injuries we have this year than what tooves had. Great talent makes coaches, not the other way around.

Hasler has had a charmed run with injuries at The Dogs until now. Just goes to show whata great Job Tooves has done with the choatic injury toll over the last 12 months

I know for a fact that the powers that be Dr George, Coorey bros and Dib have given him this year to bring the much awaited silverware to the pokie laden club or he is a goner.
Please expand on 'I know for a fact', ie where is your info coming from Beaver? At least give some indication of the quality and level of your info. Nothing would surprise me in this rugby league world, im curious

If the new interchange rule comes in next year the dogs and des are in trouble given the size of their forward pack.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4